HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Share | 

Howdy from King

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
King

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:36 am

Howdy.
Names Matt.
Drive a VR ute.

A little about myself.
Few mates of mine are involved within car clubs, but owning fords and being in all ford clubs, obviously i cant join with them. So im going out on my own, and joining a car club. I like the way everyone is helpful with eachother and belonging to a car club would be pretty good i think. So here i am Smile Just a teenager completing year 12 at the moment, and have a very large passion for cars.

Car history.
Got my first car at the age of 9, because my father could see that i was growing a passion for cars and engines. ALways pulling stuff apart, making them work/operate better and refitting them back together. He bought me a 1991 land cruiser. Had that for around a year, and sold it.

Second car was givin to me as my gran parents were selling off their company cars at their work. I was around the age of 13. They gave me a 1994 FORD :/ XG panel van. This is where stuff got serious. Getting my first job, i started to spend all my money upon it and making it pimp Smile Wired up the full stereo system which consisted of two 15" JBL subs, in a custom made enclosure, two 600watt Pioneer amps. 4 Pioneer 6x9's and two fusion 6" splits wired to a JVC deck.

Got bored with that, owning it for a year. Sold it, and made a $2500 profit seeing as i got it for free. Put some of the extra cash towards a 2002 VX Acclaim, and then came the performance mods. along with the usual stereo. Wired up the previous stereo that i took out the XG into the VX and added a set of extractors, twin 2 1/2" system, new injectors, OTRCAI and invested in a tune. Was pretty powerful, but still wasnt even able to get my L's haha. Chucked a set of ve ss rims from my mums car onto the VX and lowered it and it looked smick Wink

Sold that about a month before i got my L's and stored cash in the bank. Obtained my P's at a later stage and parents bought me a WH statesman as a congratulations present. 5.7L LS1 wasnt a bad start to a good foundation of a brilliant car.
Spent my savings on it, and once again, full stereo, touch screens, lowered, rims, exhaust... but, got bored after 3 months.

Swapped that for a 1996 R33 skyline. Silver, HD clucth, top mount turbo, bigger turbo, big exhaust, 12PSI, FMIC, 555cc injectors, bigger fuel pump, surge tank, was putting out a hefty 257rwkw. Crashed that into a back of a Merc, whilst travelling at literally walking pace pulling up to a set of lights. bent rad support, ect.

Sold that for a lot less then i could have got for it, seeing as i fixed it myself with my mates drift car spares. haha.

I then bought a 1994 VR statesman. I converted it to a T5 5 speed manual with an extreme heavy duty clutch. that car was bad luck. I ended up snapped a tail shaft, snapped IRS cradle, and blew a diff. Cut my losses and sold that.

I then ended up with my baby that i have now.
a 1994 VR ute. genuine 150,024 k's. mint paint job, maloo roll bar, maloo front and side skirts, custom rear bar, lowered, stockies Smile, factory 5spd, Heavy duty clutch, new injectors, OTR CAI, LSD, 10mm leads and K&N panel filter.
Plans are for the ute are to remain a street car until i finish school and obtain a full time apprenticeship and then take it off the road. Drop a LS1 in it, twin turbo it or supercharge it.

p.s, i got my passion for cars from my mother. She has been into cars her whole life. She has currently got a 2007 VE SS 6L 6spd. I like to borrow the spare keys when she goes out LOL.

Thanx for your time, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Cheers, Matt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:26 am

Welcome to the club Matt,sound like u have petrol in ya vein for sure.U are very welcome to attend any event with this club
We have a night cruize on this week-end,the 19th @7:30pm.We meet up at bunning at mile end car park.
Good time to come out and meet a few memeber's.We have people from all walk of life and all age's are welcome

We have event's in the making,one is a dyno day in June

Come out and just be urself,enjoy the day.........Mario
Back to top Go down
DarkStar

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:42 am

Welcome to the club, Matt!

I'm one of the younger ones here as well, would have finished school last year if I didn't go chase my career Very Happy
Hope to see you around sometime soon, your ute sounds awesome!

Ciao for now Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1650784809

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:45 am

hey matt welcome to the forum buddy, just a quick message to advise that to show with the club you have to be a financial member.....you are welcome to join the cruises but you must be financial to display at club shows......look for my WH stato (WATAV-Cool and will set you up with membership pal....welcome aboard....Andy =)
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 9:47 am

Welcome to the forum Matt, a true petrol head/car enthusiast is always welcome. Looking forward to catching up with ya at some stage
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
King

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:54 am

thankyou so much for the warm welcome.
i look forward to meeting you all in the flesh and share the topic we love most.

Yeah i just read about membership after i posted this haha.
nah all good. start my new part time job this weekend so over the next few weeks ill gather some cash and sign me up.

Nothing beats a night cruise into the early mornings hey?

quick question, do i have to be a member in order to tag along in my ute on this weekends night cruise?

Thanx heaps one again.
Made me feel very welcome and apart of the team even though im not officially yet.

Cheers, Matt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:00 am

no you dont have to be a member to tag along on the cruise matt only to display with us at shows etc.....cruises anyone is welcome bud
Back to top Go down
King

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:49 am

too easy, most likely see you all out there.
cant wait.
just hope no one messes around and desides to take huning into their own hands.
went on a cruise a while back in a mates car and that just wrecked it for everyone. worst part was it was a memorial cruise too!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Mon 14 Mar 2011, 1:48 pm

we dont tolerate hoon behaviour Matt.......rego numbers are taken and forwarded onto the police.....you have no worries out with us mate
Back to top Go down
commy dan
Club Committee

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 12:00 am

Hi there matt this weekends night cruise will not be huge.
there will be a mid way stop and an end stop.
However i will be writing an extended version in case some of us do not want to go home yet.

looking forward to meeting you and checking out that ute of yours
hope to see you saturday night
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from King   

Back to top Go down

Howdy from King
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1