coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

The awkward moment when your brakes stop working...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkStar

DarkStar

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-10-31

The awkward moment when your brakes stop working... Empty
PostSubject: The awkward moment when your brakes stop working...   The awkward moment when your brakes stop working... Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 9:10 am

...Well this is awkward!

Hopped into the Calais this morning and went down the street, when i go to brake and head onto the main road, something makes a huge crack noise under my foot, the car doesn't slow down, and I just fly out all over the road...Luckily there was no traffic otherwise I'd be screwed!

Every time I press the pedal down, the brakes don't respond at all, the pedal's really stiff and it sounds like air's flowing through somewhere when I put my foot down...I later discovered the brakes work only when my foot's pressed really hard, but they're still not responsive at all...Having to use gears & handbrake to down down now...

I'm assuming it's the master cylinder...I have max fluid and no leaks, and now I'm assuming an expensive operation to be roadworthy again...

Any ideas on what I should be whacking on the credit card this time??

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1650784809
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-14

The awkward moment when your brakes stop working... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The awkward moment when your brakes stop working...   The awkward moment when your brakes stop working... Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

Check around where the brake booster bolts to the firewall.

Sounds like you've pushed it through? Split the metal along an old crack?
Back to top Go down

The awkward moment when your brakes stop working...
Page 1 of 1