HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Share | 

Engine Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SLI006

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Engine Swap   Mon 16 Feb 2009, 7:57 am

Hay does anyone know if a vx commo supercharged engine would fit into a vs commo bay and if a manual box will bolt on easy without much modifcations
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Engine Swap   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 4:49 am

Hi I am not sure mate but I cant see it being much of a problem, they are virtually the same engine as waht is in the VS. Apart from being 1 ecotec and one alloytec. Both V6s so I would say would not think it would not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Engine Swap   Tue 17 Feb 2009, 4:21 pm

Cliff wrote:
Hi I am not sure mate but I cant see it being much of a problem, they are virtually the same engine as waht is in the VS. Apart from being 1 ecotec and one alloytec. Both V6s so I would say would not think it would not be a problem.

The VX's still had the ecotech.....the alloytechs come out in the VZ's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
GMH304

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Engine Swap   Tue 21 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm

hi, i believe it to be possible as they are basically the same engine although the reason holden didnt release the L67 in manual form is due to the tourqe the motor produced, that and they feared at the time it would get a little too close to the ss in the performance stakes..just a thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Engine Swap   Wed 22 Apr 2009, 1:51 am

SLI006 wrote:
Hay does anyone know if a vx commo supercharged engine would fit into a vs commo bay and if a manual box will bolt on easy without much modifcations

bolt up points are the same,if ya need more info have a look on street commodores,iam very sure it has been covered.if i get time i will look for you and post a link to the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Swap   

Back to top Go down

Engine Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1