coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

car updates

Go down 
+2
Kwakaman
RBE 747
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

car updates Empty
PostSubject: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 12:53 pm

Hi all just thought id put post up so ppl can let others wat there up to or soon to do mods to there cars... lets share n mayb help eachother out
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-01-28

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

My VE aerial conversion in 85% complete. Next is the WRX driver seat conversion.Cable VP petrol flap conversion  Some rust repair after that and prime the car.

Wondering whether to do a first build and go a Group 3 kit in white and hot the 6 in it for approx. $3-4k or,

Do I keep at it and go the full build that I'm after with the Group C kit and Inj. 5L for approx. $6-8k?
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-02-05

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:40 pm

about to remove the fried, over used standard clutch from the VZ clubsport and replace t with an exedy HD cushion button kit, may also replace the factory shifter with a gmm rip shifter if coin permits
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

Kwakaman wrote:
My VE aerial conversion in 85% complete. Next is the WRX driver seat conversion.Cable VP petrol flap conversion  Some rust repair after that and prime the car.

Wondering whether to do a first build and go a Group 3 kit in white and hot the 6 in it for approx. $3-4k or,

Do I keep at it and go the full build that I'm after with the Group C kit and Inj. 5L for approx. $6-8k?

go the whole hog mate,,, nothing beats the sound of an old 5l on song,,, and in an old vk with group c kit would be amazing
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 11:29 am

Id go the 5.0 man will make th kit look more at home
Back to top Go down
commvn

commvn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-10-25

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jun 2013, 1:36 pm

Id go a 5lt based route and maybe a blower! works for me. you should be able to do it for less than 6k the job been done lots of times. vp/s v8s are easy to come by for all the parts, cross-members, looms. Ive done a few myself
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2013, 8:08 am

There guy on gumtree sellin a vn v8 wagon with single turbo kit on it. Buy it n strip all of it n put in ur vk b tough!!!! 5k ono he asking n for 5k ud b getting everything u need
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-01-28

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun 2013, 6:45 am

Yeah, I've been leaning toward the 5L for a while now but I just want to drive the old girl again. lol. Looks like she wont see the road for a year or so still then. lol.

If only I had the 5k. I did get a 6k credit card in the mail yesterday..................lol
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

well looks like the clutch is well and truly dead in the clubby and it'll be getting replaced and also a gmm Ripshifter installed at the same time Wink
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2013, 12:51 pm

Nice work clu88y haha yeh im doing clutch in vl this week if it doesnt sell lol
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jul 2013, 5:42 am

lol, clutch and ripshifter will go in this week, and then cam valve springs and pushrods will get done next weekend
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jul 2013, 12:19 pm

Awesome u doing head work to suit the cam ir just the cam? Hoping by christmas ill have all my other go fast bits on n a retune by then...
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jul 2013, 12:30 am

just the cam for now mate,, it's a temp power increase to keep the adrenalin cells in my body happy until I can afford the major engine work to get done,
that will be an engine out torn down and completely rebuilt scenario, new bottom end, new heads, new cam and a new intake of the forced variety
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm

Sounds like good plan
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jul 2013, 8:19 am

Got the new clutch fitted today drives killa now!!!!
Back to top Go down
JSTKRZN

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-04-10

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jul 2013, 9:08 am

Go the whole way matt and do the 5.0 conversion at the. Same time =)
Updates on my cars, the vy had the rear window venetians repainted in a 3 layer pearl white.
Subaru forester white to be exact....
The VN calais 5L had a 2nd hand trans put in about 3 weeks ago, but it is now having starting issues. Will start but then as soon as I put it into reverse it stalls the won't start again....? And suggestions?
Back to top Go down
simon job

simon job

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-05-24

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jul 2013, 12:16 am

5.7l installed in my conversion with h/d clutch and comp cam and head work. almost ready for tune looking forward to getting it back on the road
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jul 2013, 1:08 am

RBE 747 wrote:
Got the new clutch fitted today drives killa now!!!!

New clutch went in mine yesterday aswell, Exedy Heavy Duty Cushion Button, also changed the rear main as it was leaking ever so slightly, feels so much better,
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jul 2013, 6:57 am

Sounds good guys keep up good work... yeah I can finally drive it like it should b driven.. lol gave it a bit once I left th workshop lights up so easy lol blew ALOT of crap out th exhaust that had been sitting in there... haha..!!!
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

Cam went in on Saturday, and got tuned today, turned the rollers to the tune of 280RWKW and 675nm
that is shy of what it could have been due to the fact it still has standard cast iron manifold, cats and exhaust pipes, and also because of the 3.9's,

but it feels so damn quick and responsive and should keep a smile on my face until we build our house and I can start spending money on it, the ssv and the VN again Smile)

Now to paint the OTR (polished alloy is not my thing) and try to make the old rad cover fit again with a few small cuts to make it fit around the otr Smile
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

Not bad mate.. with extractors twin 2.5" n gutted or high flow cats should squeeze lil more out.. id go E85 n bigger fuel pump n injectors with mild head work to compensate the lower comp for th cam ull see 320 rwkw easyf
Back to top Go down
simon job

simon job

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-05-24

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 6:30 am

got my heads back from the machine shop today they look good flowed 25% beat than stock with the port and polish and new valve seats fitting them tomorrow arvo hope to start it in the next fue days
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

Awesome news...!! Make sure to post a vid up of it running
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

car updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: car updates   car updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

car updates
Page 1 of 1