coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun

Go down 
+6
HRDNUP
DANNY8
SIG-346
RBE 747
AC/DC1
JBVL
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:34 pm

As I said in a topic ealier this week

"more marked police cars on our roads. You just don't see them and that's why these guys go stupid. It's a bit like a class room at school, no teacher and all hell breaks loose, teacher walks in and the kids become angels. You see it when on the rare occasion a marked police car is in a lion of traffic and every one sticks to 60, no tail gating, indicators go on when changing lanes etc etc etc. Also the police should really crack down on cars that have a pair of steel rims on their rear axles and impound them unless they can give a legitimate reason as to why they have 2 flat tyres ! "
Back to top Go down
VXSS350
Club Member
VXSS350

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 9:16 am

the worst case with all the nimrods on the roads could be ,tighter laws.
no club cruises,p platers on curfews,l platers on longer time to get Ps.
what could be even worse is a age group say under 25 or 21 even 18, not allowed to own or drive cars with engine sizes above milk or juice carton sizes(2L)and no more power than a two stroke lawn mower.
the do gooders in adelaide are starting to be heard and this will only make for the pollies to bring in knee jurk reaction laws.
would not harm if our club invited the police to talk with us or give us a night at a club meeting to talk over with members and the police.
Sad affraid Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 10:32 am

i agree with a meeting with the police on thbis issue and to try and come up with a solution to this problem or atleast get our point across but wouldnt that make it easier for them to try n defect our cars at this meeting??? Would or could they do this if weinvite them to talk about this??? what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Club Member

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 11:32 am

Pazz wrote:
I am organising a meeting with the officer in charge of this taskforce. Now what I need from you guys is some serious suggestions for questions, comments or feedback that I should be discussing with him.

So any ideas post them in here

cheers
Pazz

Hooray cheers

Yes I would attend "this meeting" 1st one in over 18 months Razz

Suggestions - make it an open forum every modified car owner has questions to fire at sapol/"operation diagonal"/Rann govenment.
I agree with drag racing (on the street) being a criminal offence, but there is nowhere else legally to do it, bit like saying you cant legally smoke ciggarette's here but you can still legally buy them here WTF scratch Go ahead ride a motorcycle (Harley/similar) but not with a gang WTF affraid ADR's are the law and we are making our modication's perfom better than ADR and are penalised (but only in this state) Shocked This government has pissed off to many minority groups and it will refect in the next election.

Make sure you get member's to write down their questions, run the meeting professionally and you may well earn the respect of sapol, maybe not officer Neil thou, hey he would be a great one to have at the meeting (just leave you cars at home) he "says" one thing then "does" the exact opposite pig
These are the same police officer's that have bet's every week eg; most defects for car owners wearing Port Power stickers this week wins a bottle of scotch (they are only human after all) like to see them deniy it Rolling Eyes

Prehaps you could invite all modified car owners to an open forum, you would not have enough room at Woodvile let me tell ya Evil or Very Mad Advertise it and watch all the modified car owners roll up.

Let me know the date and I will be there (with a A4 page of questions) lol!

Great idea, great PR, well done Pazz and COCC

Steve

Last edited by AC/DC1 on Tue 14 Jul 2009, 1:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://allcommodoreday.co.nr

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 11:45 am

I got no problems with police being at any of our meetings ill just bring the mitsubishi van yeehaa ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 12:03 pm

The initial meeting will be this week and going for a one on one just me and him, I will be looking for Him or maybe someone else to attend our next club meeting but will keep you posted on that one. So anything you want brought up initially get it posted here asap

Below is my initial email and his response

Hi Philip, my name is Paul Darcy and I am Vice President and Newsletter Editor for the Commodore Owners Car Club Of SA. I was wondering if there is any chance of catching up with you at some stage this week to discuss Taskorce Diagonal?

I was hoping to cut through the media circus and get some insight into the way the Taskforce is going to operate and discuss how this will effect our members. The forums are being flooded with discussions regarding this and I would just like the opportunity to present our members with some facts. We have always had a good working relationship with SAPOL and I would like to see this continue. The vast majority of our members support this initiative and we understand the need to get these dangerous idiots off the roads.

Hi Paul,

I would welcome the chance to sit down and discuss what the task force is aiming to achieve.

In the first instance, please let me put your mind, and those of responsible club members, at ease. By announcing this task force, SAPOL is seeking to ensure safe vehicle behaviour by all road users, not just car club members.

However as I am sure you would agree, it is recognised that behaviour labelled 'hoon driving' does occur during 'runs' or 'meets' of some car clubs. Assistant Commissioner Killmier went to some length to explain the rationale behind the formation of the task force. Irresponsible drivers, those who engage in dangerous driving behaviour or whom have modified their vehicles so as to no longer comply with safety design rules, will be targeted. I believe this is by far the minority of road users, and indeed responsible club members.

My contact number appears below, please feel free to give me a ring so we can either discuss further.

Regards,
Inspector Philip Newitt

cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
in-debt
Club Member

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:36 pm

doesnt really bother me either way. No point stressin over stuff that we have virtually no control over. I mean, we can try and organise meets and discussions with SAPOL however at the end of the day, they will do what it necessary to control the 'hoon ' issue. Plus my car is in the shed at da moment and will continue to stay there until this 'blows' over and in the meantime, i bought a motorbike.

Which is quicker than most cars anyway.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:22 pm

Hoons!!!!!!

Hoon loses control in Drifting Mishap!

The message just isn't getting through!

Horrific pictures shown below....

Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Hoon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:39 pm

PMSLMFFAO GOLD Andy
Back to top Go down
in-debt
Club Member

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 11:47 am

thats absolute gold mate!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: