coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)

Go down 
+3
JUSTA8
JBVL
Pazz
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Empty
PostSubject: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 1:58 am

Hi all, post this on all the forums you can at let everyone know!!! A
website will soon be up and running with all the details. (Appologies
to chrome_ek_girl's post in the Drag Racing forum ;D)

There will be a public meeting being held in Pt Adelaide at 2pm on
Sunday the 16th of August (location to be confirmed) at which all
people who have an interest in the proposed Pt Adelaide Motorplex will
have an opportunity to not only to hear from the consortium themselves,
also from politicians, guest speakers etc.

This will be followed by a protest at Parliament House, Nth Tce in the
city on Friday the 28th of August at 5pm that will bring the city to a
standstill.

Police permits will be arranged and we expect total co-operation of the Police.

Everyone is to be on their best behavior as there will be a huge media
presence. Bring your cars and your family. The events will be self
policed so if you see someone doing something stupid that could harm
the image of the modified car/motorsport community don't hesitate to
report it.

We are an important part of the community and we (who do the right
thing) deserve better treatment from the Media and the Government.

Consider this -

A footballer only has to purchase a Guernsey, shorts, some boots and
pay his subs to play (the government and councils generally supply all
the ovals and facilities).

Someone involved in modified cars/motorsport probably spends on average
around $30,000 to 'play', whilst at the same time much of that money
goes into local businesses creating jobs and apprenticeships.

Not only do we not have a place to play, we have a situation where by a
private consortium, who wishes to build the track on the land the
government offered them (and which the consortium offered to purchase
or lease off of the government), with no taxpayer input required, has
the offer knocked back because it will 'create more hoons on the public
roads'.

If you want this Motorplex to become a reality, and can see all the
positives for SA that will go with it, just spend a couple of hours of
your life to attend the meeting and then the protest, making it one of
the noisiest protests in SA history!

This is our one chance to show that we, the modified
car/motorsport/business community are more than a just bunch of hoons
who are a drain on society.

Enough is Enough!!!

Stay tuned for more news!
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 10:08 am

For many years everyone in the car scene has been saying when is the track going to be done?, why don't we have somewhere to race/drag our cars?
Well now its time to put your money where your mouths are. This consortium has all the funds necessary to get this up and running, the land is earmarked and all that remains is Govt approval.

So grab your mates, get organised, book time off work whatever it takes to get to these rallies and make the govt listen.

Will look at car pooling etc for the demonstration at parliament house

cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 10:57 am

Hi all,

Could you guys (again ) help with getting this message out. Copy and paste where you can

Hi all,

Due to the completely overwhelming response to the public meeting/protest, the dates will have to be revised.

Since the announcement less than 48hrs ago we have received requests from interstate car clubs, race teams, companies and many individuals who wish to attend in support of our situation in SA. Unfortunately due to the relatively short notice this has made it difficult for them to attend and support us in our fight.

As we wish to make the biggest statement possible to the State Government we have decided to revise the dates of the public meeting (was Sunday August 16) and the Protest (was Friday August 28 )

We apologise to those who have organized time off work for the Protest, however in order to maximize the impact and to achieve our desired outcome, this is necessary.

I'm sure you all realize how big this Protest is turning out, and we want it to be the best it can be for everyone of us.

For future news, developments and the revised dates/times of the protest go to http://www.adelaidemotorplex.com.au This page should be up and running in the next few days featuring regular updates.

Also visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...252872&ref=nf# if you haven't already.

That's all for now and thanks to everyone who wants to make it happen.

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 3:14 am

THE PUBLIC MEETING for the proposed Adelaide Motorplex HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!
SUNDAY August 23rd at 2:00pm
Masonic Hall, Cnr Dale Street and Commercial St, Port Adelaide.
Lots of info and speakers, plus the announcement of the date for the Rally in front of Parliment House.

Support on Facebook has seen 3000+ Members join in less than one week, if you are on Facebook you can join the group here - Adelaide Motorplex Facebook Group

and the hits keep coming to the website www.adelaidemotorplex.com.au if you haven't been there yet head over for the latest information, news, links etc. Sign the guestbook and show your support, if you want to put your Club's or Business's name on the support list there is a contact form on the site too.

Cheers
Glenn

Last edited by Cliff on Sat 22 Aug 2009, 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 2:24 pm

This is great i hope it goes ahead im going for sure we are not all alike so just cause some of us are young or have modified cars they shouldnt hassle modified people and car clubs i do agree with the cops but its out of control which is making it bad for everybody come one people adelaide needs this not sydney or camberra adelaide needs more things like this cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
JUSTA8
Club Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 12:36 pm

we will be at the meeting to please everyone try to come along show there is support

numbers is the only way to show the gov its not just 30 or 40 people interested
or just the young ones im nearly 50 and WANT a drag strip too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:12 pm

sorry wont be there as jafo and myself have organised a stato cruise for sunday so will be at victor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 12:45 am

Come on people get behind this, What ever you have planned. Change it and attend this event its the best chance we have of getting something that South Australian car enthusiasts have been needing for a long time. Support is the key.

COME ON JOIN IN

Last edited by Cliff on Thu 20 Aug 2009, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
devil3

devil3

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 8:07 am

sorry everyone i wont be able to make it but jason will be there for both of us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 12:25 pm

bit hard to cancel an organised cruise which was organised before this event was even announced !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 12:27 pm

AndyCapped wrote:
bit hard to cancel an organised cruise which was organised before this event was even announced !!!!

Sorry Andy wasnt meaning you mate.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm

Ah ok cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 1:47 am

who is going and where do you want to meet so we are there as a club
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

HRDNUP

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 7:42 am

why don't we meet at regency coz thats where the cars are going to end up (defected)!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatmine.com
in-debt
Club Member

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 9:19 am

good point wildvt. I cant make this rally anyway, but even if i could i wouldnt take the vt for exactly that reason.

hope it goes well anyway.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 4:12 am

I do hope we see a lot from the Club attending on Sunday. 23rd August 2pm Masonic Hall, Port Adelaide, Corner Dale St and Commercial Rd. I will be there hope you will be too.

SUPPORT SUPPORT IS THE KEY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 4:23 am

I can certainly understand why there is so much sceptism about the proposed motorplex though !!!
Back to top Go down
devil3

devil3

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 7:38 am

well the reason that i wont be there is because i'm working and i don't feel that this is worth loosing my job over, that is why jason is attending on behalf of both of us. i do hope that there is a large number of people there as i do believe that adelaide needs this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:07 pm

Can the people that are attending this event report back here the amount of defect stickers that have been handed out cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 12:43 pm

Can the people that are attending this event report back here the amount of defect stickers that have been handed out cheers
why don't we meet at regency coz thats where the cars are going to end up (defected)!
Mad
Mate,you gonna get a defect anyhow,if ya car isn't roadworthy.
It time we all stand up and voice our feeling's for a drag stip to open up.
Member's should grow a back bone and stand up for what you are entitle to,than worry about the police handing out free yellow sticker's
We all agree,jason is big and ugly enought to speak on our behalf,but sometime number's itself speak for it alone.
10 year's without a drag strip is crap.You might not stop all the hoon's on the road,but I know where these hoon's are when the drag's are on.
I be there to support the club (Jason) and the motor sport in adelaide.
There is a reason's on why I join a car club and it the same reason why we all should be down there to support this protest.
OUR LOVE AND PASHING OF THE STREET MACHINE WE DRIVE

As they say"See ya there brother"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 1:38 pm

The thing is Mario im not going to rock up with bells on driving straight into a trap if i get defected on the street so be it but i have not yet been defected in 10 years also im not that interested in dragging anyway so a drag strip is not in my interest cheers but anyway goodluck with it all guys.

P.S I seriously doubt weather the hoons will use this drag strip anyway if theres a cost involved you wont stop the hoons on the street period
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 3:26 pm

^^^^^^
You snog yer car a lot do you Mario......lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 9:17 pm

SXYVR6 wrote:

^^^^^^
You snog yer car a lot do you Mario......lol
\

Hey lolly,this protest has nothing to do with my car ,but to set up a motor sport for the future of adelaide.
If you haven't anything positive to say about the protest.I throw some dollor at ya and u can call lifeline and have a cry.

For everyone who worried about the police going around and given out defect sticker's.Park in the cole's carpark and walk around.
I think you are missing the point of why this protest is happening.You have to opportunity to voice your right on sunday.
I am a petrol head and proud of it.

A single voice,no one care's
A thousand voice's,people take notice of what your saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009, 11:58 pm

chill mario, if you have a read of lollies thread she is having a laugh mate....you wrote "Our love and PASHING of our street machines....instead of Our love and PASSION for our street machines....PASHING refers to kissing, so it sounded like you were kissing your car.......

she wasnt havin a go at you, so to say I'll throw you some money to call lifeline and have a cry is a bit rough bud...We all understand the concept of big numbers, big noise = a show of strength, but I attended the last "Protest rally" about a motorsport park, and hey 5 years on and how closer are we to having one....people keep going on about how we need a drag strip in Adelaide, well that's fine if you are into Drag racing, which I am not.......

having a Drag Strip means nothing to me, as I'm not into Drags or burnouts for that matter....I too am a Petrol Head, but because I am not into drags or Burnouts, then why do I have to come and show my support for something that I don't care about, and be basically be told that if I don't attend I am not a true enthusiast....

I love my car, I love V8 supercar racing, and all things Holden......but can't get into burnouts, as I don't see the point in spending thousands on ya car, only to redline it to 5 Grand, spewin clouds of acrid smoke into the air, and creating an even bigger hole in the ozone layer......but to be told that if I don't attend today then I am not a true motoring enthusiast as I was told on another forum, I find offensive...all because I have different motosport turn ons than others....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 12:56 am

Gee wizz people what is the problem here its a Meeting for the Motorsport Complex. I will be there but hey dont all get so serious and nasty about it. Lolly appologies but I dont think Mario understood what you were having a laugh at.
But anyway lets just see what happens if people turn up they turn up all well and good if not, Thats their choice.

And also I am really not into Drags and burnouts either, I cant understand why people spend thousand and just distroy there car by doing burnouts either.
But this motorsport complex is not all about that. Its about getting interstate drag racing back in Adelaide and all other types of events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)   PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROTEST AT PARLIAMENT HOUSE (SMASA)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next