HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Share | 

CrazeeVH saying hi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrazeeVH

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: CrazeeVH saying hi   Tue 03 Nov 2009, 1:28 pm

Hi guys, My name is John Morris, I have been a lurker on this site for a while and have decided to sign up. I am 53 years old and my home base is Mount Gambier, South Australia, but I work on oil rigs so I am only home about every 8 weeks. I was just home this weekend gone and went and had a look at the new event the local street Machine Club has put on. It was a real blast I haven't had such a good time in ages, some good cars and good events, streets ahead of their old show, a little pricey to get in but that would be insurance shit I suppose. It does need a tidy up in a few spots but I suppose its a new learing curve.
I have a number of Cars but my Commodore is a Mandarin Red VH SLX. It is running a black motor with a TO4 airesearch Turbo, Forged Blower Pistons, Starfire Rods , steel crank, yella terra head with roller rockers (a bit hard to get now apparently), balanced, wade high lift cam with roller lifters, lukey tune length extractors, straight cut gears and nitrous.
I am currently running twin 21/2 Stromberg CDs but will convert to Hall tech Injection shortly. I have just fitted a manualised Turbo 700 which was not as easy as I thought it would be, just need to make up a tailshaft when time permits. My diff is different it is a Dana twin grip out of a V8 AMC AMX tough as and the right width (wrong bolt pattern but that was easily changed. Car is lowered 3 inches and wears 16 x 8 Bathusrts Globes. Interior is VK Calais leather. I hope to have it on the road this year depending on workload. I'll post some pics when I work out how to do it. I have to start packing Thursday I'm heading back to the Vietnam Coast for 8 weeks, but will post from time to time, we have internet but limited time per user.
Catch you soon
john
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pazz
Club Member

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: CrazeeVH saying hi   Wed 04 Nov 2009, 9:03 am

Great to have you here John, love the Mount and we are hoping to make a trip down there next year as a club. Car sounds great especially being a vh lol

Hope you do manage to get some pictures up for us or if you get stuck email them to me and i'll put them up for you.

cheers
Pazz
Club President
pauld@coccsa.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
CrazeeVH

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: CrazeeVH saying hi   Wed 04 Nov 2009, 9:15 am

Thanks for the welcome Pazz, I must have been half asleep when I posted last night, I am 39 years old not 53, don't want to age before I have to. I have had the VH since I was 17 it was my first car and was a one owner before I got it, unfortunately with my job I don't get a lot of time to work on it as I am away a lot of the time. I would dearly love to have it finished for the Autofest here next year Smile but I don't like my chances Sad , I wouldn't go in burnouts (they are impressive but I don't see any point in them), but Go Whoa and slalom would be interesting. I think the setting up of the injection system and making it easily reprogrammable may take some time, so I will probably be a spectator again Crying or Very sad
What model Commodore do you ( a VH perhaps by your comments lol) and are there any pics on site of it? Mine is still the original Manadarin Red but I am considering a repaint with pearl (one can dream).
Well I better go I still have heaps to do and I fly out on Friday.
Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pazz
Club Member

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: CrazeeVH saying hi   Wed 04 Nov 2009, 9:39 am

you can find my wagon at this link

http://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-updates-t40.htm

cheers
Pazz
Club President
pauld@coccsa.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CrazeeVH saying hi   

Back to top Go down

CrazeeVH saying hi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: