coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Hello everyone

Go down 
+5
vsv8wagon
VCSLE1
go baby
Pazz
dkrv3m
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dkrv3m
Club Member
dkrv3m

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:51 am

Hey everyone,

Mine name is Em & i came across this site via good old google.

I am new to commodores and finally just purchased a VS Commodore which is my favourite model.

I hope to get to know you all!

Em

Hello everyone 06022010081
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 6:03 am

Welcome to the forum Em, ride looks nice and straight. Any work done to it? Any future plans?

hope to catch up with you soon

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm

Hi Em welcome to our forum. Hope to catch up with you on 1 of our cruises Smile

Cheers Lea
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 2:19 pm

Welcome to the Commodore Owners Car Club Forum Em, Great of you to drop in and say hello, You have a nice clean looking VS there, Nice colour as well. I do hope you keep visiting our Forum and hope we see you out on some cruises so we can get to meet you.

Again a BIG WELCOME Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkrv3m
Club Member
dkrv3m

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 10:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone Smile

So far i have only been spending time cleaning the vs and getting engine serviced/tuned & a fair few parts replaced.

Put a kenwood stereo in it and running a sub & amp this weekend.

For future plans i hope to do lots to it but i am still learning about the commodores as this is my first one!

Are any of you going to the car show at regency park on sunday if so il be there to have a look Smile
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 11:25 pm

emmz wrote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone Smile

So far i have only been spending time cleaning the vs and getting engine serviced/tuned & a fair few parts replaced.

Put a kenwood stereo in it and running a sub & amp this weekend.

For future plans i hope to do lots to it but i am still learning about the commodores as this is my first one!

Are any of you going to the car show at regency park on sunday if so il be there to have a look Smile

yeah emmz, the majority of us will be there.........just look for my magnificent statesman with the number plate WATAV8......lmao.......nah seriously though there will be some impressive rides out there on Sunday !!!!

cheers Andy Smile
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 2:51 am

Are any of you going to the car show at regency park on sunday if so il be there to have a look Smile[/quote]

We sure have,I think about 13-14 club car will be on show
Only if ya a club member,I sure pazz with his magic wond would get ya car out there
Alway next year
Back to top Go down
dkrv3m
Club Member
dkrv3m

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 2:58 am

lol my vs isnt show car material loads of work to do
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 3:06 am

emmz wrote:

Well,I think it worth showing Emmz.
It more about the person behind the car than the car itself
We can all tell you are proud of what ya driving by the way u look after it
beside car show are more of having a good time with club member than anything else
U love granpa ron,he has a very clean(like your's) vs wagon,alway clean it
Back to top Go down
dkrv3m
Club Member
dkrv3m

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 3:10 am

Thanks il think about putting it in the next one.

I have a few things i want to fix on it and customize it but i dont want to do it in a trashy way its all about "class" & doing it right.

Which also means loads $$ lol

But i spent about 5 hours cleaning and polishing it last weekend once id purchased it! il do a post up in the ride section
Back to top Go down
go baby

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:27 am

mabo wrote:
emmz wrote:

Well,I think it worth showing Emmz.
It more about the person behind the car than the car itself
We can all tell you are proud of what ya driving by the way u look after it
beside car show are more of having a good time with club member than anything else
U love granpa ron,he has a very clean(like your's) vs wagon,alway clean it

I think car shows are about cars and the people that pay entry to look at cars in the show shouldn't see cars in the car park that are better.

Sorry to interrupt your post emmz i am not putting your car down im just replying to mabo and welcome to the commodore community
Back to top Go down
VCSLE1

VCSLE1

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 1:41 pm

Hi Emmz love your car mine looked exactly the same as that when i started out except mine had steel rims and hubaps lol

I also love that colour botanica mica is up there with rubens red mica (my car colour) love em both

I hope you have lots of fun modifying it as i have with mine if you need a hand let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
dkrv3m
Club Member
dkrv3m

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 10:48 pm

Thanks guys

I would happily take on any suggestions you might have in ways to modify it as i am still learning about these cars Smile
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 9:48 am

Well I'd start by polishing the...........

Happy to help with suggestions Emmz. I am a bit nerdy on the polishing side of life as opposed to body kits and 20" rims etc. I like spending the effort in keep the car shmick and having a few cosmetics on the car. We must catch up one day and compare colours !

Cheers
Ron
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 10:23 am

Hahaha mine needs polishing if you every have no polishing to do hahah and ems you out on the sunday event
Back to top Go down
dkrv3m
Club Member
dkrv3m

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 10:53 am

yeah il be there but not in it
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 12:03 pm

ALIAS wrote:
Hahaha mine needs polishing if you every have no polishing to do hahah and ems you out on the sunday event
Hey tell you what though re polishing (which I do occasionally) , I bought a Maguires "clay bar" a couple of years ago and never used it until a week ago and fair dinkum it's magic stuff ! It gets rid of the industrial fall out type sh*t off the surface of the paint and leaves it like smooth as glass. Most impressed bounce
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 12:45 pm

they are great gear ron, used one for the 1st time about 2 months ago.....absolutely amazing, you think your car was clean before....then ya clay bar it.......
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb 2010, 12:51 pm

AndyCapped wrote:
they are great gear ron, used one for the 1st time about 2 months ago.....absolutely amazing, you think your car was clean before....then ya clay bar it.......
There's nothing like having a bar in your hand hey ?
Back to top Go down
jafo

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 6:42 am

i might have to invest in one of those bars my paint looks shocking atm all dull

ill just take my supercheap voucher and get one
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 6:50 am

jafo wrote:
i might have to invest in one of those bars my paint looks shocking atm all dull

armorall do one to dave for $22.99
Back to top Go down
jafo

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 7:15 am

AndyCapped wrote:
jafo wrote:

next weekend on your lawn andy as i have no room here to do it ?
Back to top Go down
scozz76

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 2:57 pm

I don't bother anymore. 'Cause someone will come along and drop a lump of wood on it Smile Jafo knows about it.

Or someone will put a slight ding in it. Not worth the extended hours of cleaning. I give it a basic wash and that's all. Well, it's just a car. Most of us will trade in at some point, and quite often get no more than market value anyway.

I gave up getting upset about those things. There's nothing I can do to stop it.

That's just my view. You guys keep cleaning if you so desire Smile
Back to top Go down
scozz76

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:32 pm

Competing clays require the use of special lubricants. Bilt-Hamber Laboratories Auto-clay differs as its formulation enables normal tap water to provide the necessary lubrication. Some clay bars contain surfactants such as powdered detergents or soaps. Long-term use of surfactants can have adverse effects on paint systems - Auto-clay contains no surfactants detergents soaps or other soluble materials.

Found these articles on http://store.carcareonline.com

Clay: Literally a plasticene/abrasive mixture used to smooth new paint and remove fresh paint overspray. This type of product must be used with lots of lubricant. The technique of using a clay is a learned skill. Use too little lubricant or get contaminants in the clay and you have moved into scratch city. This is one product that is the fast lane to trouble if not used with extreme care. I do not recommend frequent use of this type of product. You literally grind off a small amount of paint. It should be used as was intended, to grind off paint overspray or contaminants that may not be dissolved with a solvent.

Overspray Clays Rub Me the Wrong Way
There have been tremendous amounts of advertising and "hype" about overspray clays. Let us set the record straight. Overspray clays have been around since the 1930's (No, they are not brand new.) What is new is the marketing of a product for a use other than it was designed.

Overspray clay is a plasticine matrix with an abrasive intermixed throughout. It was designed and is still the best product to abrade (read grind off) fresh paint overspray from existing paint. This is a classic scenario of its designed usage. A body shop repaints a fender of your car and during the preparation process does not mask off the entire car. A little overspray finds its way onto other areas of your car. This overspray consists of tiny little dots of paint on top of the existing paint. The easiest way to remove this unwanted overspray is to "grind" it off with the clay. Copious amounts of lubricant such as Meguiar #34 Final Inspection or One Grand Show Off are sprayed on the paint and the clay is hydroplaned across the surface to abrade the little bumps of fresh paint from the existing paint. The body shop person "floats" the clay back and forth across the paint using only lateral pressure until the resistance ceases, indicating that the unwanted droplets have been ground off.

Many people are touting overspray clay as the new way to "clean" your paint. This is somewhat like washing your face by peeling off the top layer of skin. You will uncover a layer of fresh clean skin, but this may not be the most comfortable nor beneficial experience for your face. Clays smooth the surface of paint by grinding off the microscopic high spots of your paint, much like sandpaper smoothes a piece of wood. They are the best way to remove paint overspray, tree sap build up and other impossible to remove surface contaminants. Realize that you are also removing some paint with the contaminants, so usage of a clay should be utilized only after all other more gentle methods of cleaning your paint have failed.

Overspray clay is a double-edged sword. It can be a scratch waiting to happen. It must be used only on a well-lubricated area and must be continually checked for contaminants. If you rub it on areas of the paint that have not been well lubricated or a piece of grit lodges in the clay, you have made "sandpaper" that will scratch the paint. The trick to properly using a clay is use copious amounts of lubricant and "float" the clay over the surface. The clay works best when it hydroplanes over the paint surface. You must continually refold the clay to expose a fresh clean surface. If contaminants lodge in the clay, simply tear off the section and discard. Once you have ground off all the surface contaminants, wash with a car wash, dry thoroughly, apply a quality polish to add emollient oils into the paint and finally wax.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:14 pm

jafo wrote:
AndyCapped wrote:
jafo wrote:

next weekend on your lawn andy as i have no room here to do it ?

no problems buddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: