HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Share | 

1992 Barina

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nickkil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: 1992 Barina   Mon 03 May 2010, 3:53 am

Hi all, I know it is not about a commodore, but my fiancee has a big bottom end knock in her barina, I was wondering where would be the best and cheapest place to get a rebuild kit for it. Also i have a VP calais and i was wondering what the legal ride height is so that i can get the defect off, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Barina   Mon 03 May 2010, 4:16 am

nickkil wrote:
Hi all, I know it is not about a commodore, but my fiancee has a big bottom end knock in her barina, I was wondering where would be the best and cheapest place to get a rebuild kit for it. Also i have a VP calais and i was wondering what the legal ride height is so that i can get the defect off, thanks.

VP Calais Ride height specs are as follows:

TRACK: Front : 1511 Rear : 1518 MINIMUM BUMP CLEARANCE/EYEBROW HEIGHT: Front : 325mm - Rear : 250mm with Calias rear valance ( or spats as some people call them), or 290mm without valance. minimum steering wheel diameter is 365mm if ya interested also....

I must learn to read things properly , as I thought you wrote " My fiancee has a big bottom AND Knock in her barina" lmao I thought you were brave for saying that and then I read it again and saw it was END not AND.......

As for the rebuild kit, try sprint Auto parts or perhaps Motor traders ......hope this helps ya buddy ...good luck Andy Smile

Also as per our forum rules, could you please post a short indroduction about yourself, name etc and maybe chuck up some pics of your VP .....
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Barina   Tue 04 May 2010, 2:04 am

Prolly work out cheaper getting a 2nd hand motor for the Barina. If it's got a knock in the bottom end there could be a bit of damage to a bearing journal, so maching might be required....and the cost can quickly go up. Ya could get lucky and it won't be damaged and ya might just get away with a new set of big end bearings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
nickkil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Barina   Tue 04 May 2010, 7:29 am

Yea that was the second option, we will pull it out and pull it apart and see how much damage is done, then will decide from there. Nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1992 Barina   

Back to top Go down

1992 Barina
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1