coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Tailem Bend Track Day

Go down 
+8
devil3
JBVL
SIG-346
andyt
azzasv
VXSS350
VNSSLOVERS
Pazz
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Tailem Bend Track Day Empty
PostSubject: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 1:59 pm

As discussed at the meeting the Tailem Bend Motorsport Park is now open for business.

The site has the following areas available
The on-site facilities include:
2 acre concrete skidpan with watering system ideal for skid control training, drifting and timed driving challenges
1.3km main straight suitable for advanced driver training & cornering skills.
Classrooms and toilet block

What they are offering is a 6 hour Day with 2 groups of 12 vehicles. There would be 2 areas set up with a timed course of different styles. After each group has had a few runs at their course we would swap over. If time permits the courses would be reshaped and we could have another go.

The cost for this if we have 24 vehicles is $90 each.

The obvious question then is who would like to go?
I would not even consider booking this until I had $45 deposit from all 24 drivers. What car you take on the day is completely up to you.

If we can't get the full 24 cars then we will invite another club to join us.

Please let me know if you would definitely want to go and only if you are happy to pay the deposit. Also let me know what month and day ( saturday or sunday ) would be preferred to give me some idea.

1. Bill
2. Scotty
3. Pazz
4. Renee
5. Adam
6. Azzasv
7. AndyT
8. Tom
9. Lea
10. Chelsea?
11. Michael
12. Emma

Last edited by Pazz on Tue 08 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:37 am

we would definately be interested!! any Sunday is best for us (guaranteed babysitters). Also have a couple of friends who dont have commodores and obviously not members but would be interested in coming!
Back to top Go down
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:49 am

Also... do u have to have a license to do this??? and does the car have to be a registered road car (mate has a race car)
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:39 am

Will find out about licence and registration requirements and let you know.

Would rather see club members attend this but if we are struggling for numbers then will open it up to friends
Back to top Go down
VXSS350
Club Member
VXSS350

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 11:21 am

Hi Pazz

Scott and myself would love to put both cars in.
So put down two.

I will give you the deposit when you need it.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 11:52 am

ill be there in the drift car
Back to top Go down
azzasv
Club Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 12:19 pm

depends where i am when it arranged!
Back to top Go down
andyt
Club Member
andyt

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:10 pm

i'll up up for that for sure.
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:15 am

sounds like awesome fun, ill be in on this
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 1:59 pm

ok guys, answers to questions asked.

Yes you do need a drivers license ( insurance issue )
Yes you can bring a race car along
No you don't need a helmet

All cars will have a quick check for safety.

I would be looking at doing this in September if that suits everyone?

Possible date is the 5th or the 12th

If you know anyone that would be interested in this then check with them if they want to go and get their names on the list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 11:44 pm

I would be interested in doing this and i know adam would like to do it as well and i think i can get some of his mate to come out aswell
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 5:49 am

Hi all would love to be apart of this day but my third child will be born around that time so i cant attend sorry guys No
Back to top Go down
devil3

devil3

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 8:08 am

not for me as have done some driver training in victoria quite a few years ago
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSat 22 May 2010, 1:18 pm

gee Kim i'd be asking for my money back, if you have had driver training and can't reverse a v8 manual Razz
Back to top Go down
devil3

devil3

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:23 am

bite me pazz got to remember i try it be careful in other peoples cars and bill even said the clutches on those cars are a bit testy if your not used to driving them
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

HRDNUP

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 2:39 am

Pazz wrote:
gee Kim i'd be asking for my money back, if you have had driver training and can't reverse a v8 manual Razz

must be a female thing, i don't know any female that can reverse parallel lol

is this a defensive driver training or more a time trial?
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatmine.com
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 4:00 am

Will be a time trial thing. If we went for the driver training as well it would be nearly twice the price.

Will have two different circuits laid out in different areas. Marked with cones and each driver will get a few runs at both courses.

Hoping to be able to have 1 wet course and one dry...unless its raining on the day lol
Back to top Go down
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 4:42 am

Well... Im a FEMALE and I CAN reverse parallel park and in a V8 manual.. I just dont like too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:17 am

HAHAHA if I cant drive straight into a park i will drive round till i can pmsl......Passed the reverse parking to get my license and never attempted it since Razz
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 1:48 pm

Okay guys and gals, if there is anyone else that wants to go to this let me know asap. Otherwise I will have to try and find the other numbers through other clubs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010, 8:58 pm

u should ask if they can arrange a drag strip Pazz
If I gonna burn out a clutch,I might as well do with style
beside,I reckon u get more ppl interested if it had a drag strip
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 3:28 pm

i interested in this pazz but i only b able come if the car is ready n able to handle the punishment i wanna throw at it lol Razz
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:06 am

hey just wondering i have 2 frineds that would like to join and possibly a 3rd one.. just wondering there no restrictions on the sort n type car u can bring is there?????
Back to top Go down
LaZzA

LaZzA

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:30 am

is this still on? and if so is it on the 12th, i would be interested in coming down for the day i just need more details
Back to top Go down
http://loyle.net
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 12:15 am

So how did this event go????? If the 12 people are still interested we'd love to have you at our event. Tailem Bend is booked for Sunday Sept 30th where we will have:

* 1/8 mile two car runs
* 1/4 mile single car runs
* Burnout Session
* Drifting Session
* Motorkana

Price per head will be approx $120 - $150 for the whole day, spectators being free!

I plan to have trophies for each catergory and if entrants are game to enter each discipline then they have a chance at the MEGA trophy for overall best car!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tailem Bend Track Day   Tailem Bend Track Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tailem Bend Track Day
Page 1 of 1