HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Share | 

JET - 086

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RBE 747
Club Member

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:12 am

UPDATE

Hey all just thought i'd give update on my vl calais turbo project...... the motor has been serviced lol and atm im stripping parts off the car that i dont need or want.... have them for sale in other section.. im atm sorting out the front and rear bumper that needs to be re-sprayed and have the HDT rear skirt fitted n painted on it... and at the same time trying to do my interior as im only week or 2 off gettin the ss seats... so trying sort out prices on door trims and roof lining and rear seat ... starting to do my head in AGAIN,...!!! lol anyhow thats the game i guess and silly me is also doign the suspension at the same time also with new control arms and sway bars fitted.... alos need new tyres and the usual ballance and alingment Sad OHHH WELLL lol its all fun and games so for while now i hope not to long but will b out of action till i can get majority of it done and take it for drive again im also chasing new / bigger fuel pressure reg and intercooler and pipe kit, plenum and a re- tune... Razz so gonna b while i think till its back on the road but will be well worth it tho Very Happy anyhow thats all for now and hope to cu soon on a club cruise with my wagon lol Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Tue 15 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm

hey all just bought to pull the ol girl off th road n thoguht id let u all kno were im up to now ive sold few parts i don need n stuff n bought n in process of fixing the lil things up but majorly im doing the interior and trying save for engine bay stuff eg: cooler fuel reg n surge tank n re tune lol i hate trying do 1 lil thing at a time haha so ill try do it all at ionce lol anyow once i get a few pics up n that ill show u Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:46 am

ok so im at the point of buying a new intercooler kit and fuel reg i think ill be going with turbosmart for the fuel reg and not 100% on the coolerkit yet... surge tank im getting from le roy from btr performance in wingfield..... also just recieved my leather seats they got all steam cleaned and leather treated so they feel so soft and suple..!!!! Razz lol just got find someone or a place ewho knows how to fit them onto the vl rail ANYONE IF U KNO OR CAN HELP PLZ DO...!!!!!!!!!!! also scored my venetian blinds in black atm but not 100%if i wana stay balck or go white?? hmmm so yeah when i done some more ill let u know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Mon 25 Apr 2011, 10:43 am

hi guys update just bout get vl tuned soon just fitted new cooler kit n aeromotive fuel regulator n surge tank also gettin door trims done also get pics up asap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Tue 26 Apr 2011, 12:36 pm

yeh me too!!!!!!!!!!! lol just want to rego it n drive it lol been TOO long cliff Razz lol but im trying my hardest to have it finished by extreme's n C4C..... but ill try get the motor done by this dyno day coming up wouldnt mind towing it there n putting it oin the dyno Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 27 Apr 2011, 10:59 am

just few pics thought id throw it up for u guys look at it hopefully got the ol girl upn runninh again soon!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkStar

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:25 pm

Looks exciting mate, will certainly be a sight to behold!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1650784809
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 04 May 2011, 11:13 am

thanks mate cant wait to drive it again lol i h8 just lookin at it sent door trims off put pics up asap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sat 07 May 2011, 6:53 am

***UPDATE***

havent had the car tuned yet financial burdens have appeared lol and door trims arent back yet...!!!!! so mayb this dyno day might av2 a miss for me Sad sorry guys but i have also ordered my HDT badges so hopefully not too much longer on waiting for them ... once door trims back on and front seats r in and motor tuned only got roof linning back seat boot install respray front n rear b ar n a few lil ouch ups ere n there n she will be finished!!!! lol oh not to mention a brake booster upgrade Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sat 07 May 2011, 12:10 pm

The list goes on once more... Razz

One of the best roadworthy VL Calais I've seen though, great job mate. SS seats will be brilliant!
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sun 08 May 2011, 4:01 am

thanks mate i take real pride in her buddy n i hate taking short cuts!!!! so if it takes another 12months b4 she see's daylight again so be it... b worth it in the end
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sun 08 May 2011, 7:22 am

Exactly, never falter when it comes to quality! Done an amazing job so far bud, can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
HULK

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Mon 09 May 2011, 1:04 pm

Shes looking good mate .....but its still a vl....lol cheers cheers just joking mate its looking good..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 11 May 2011, 9:32 pm

lol yeah it may JSUT be a VL but its a real qucik!!!! one tho;)Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sun 22 May 2011, 6:34 am

hi all just thought id give u akll an update i have finally got all my HDT badges and will have my door trims back in bout week from now ill put pics up asap Smile next step front seats then all thats left interior wise is rear seat and roof linning.... also bought few lil bits n pieces cosmetic stuff really just new chrome fender bolys also planning on upgrading my brake booster and master cylinder soon too..... prob do some lil thigns here n therein the bay tidy it up abit Smile then hopefully get the engine fixed re-tuned and on the road again still have so muc on my list of thigns to do it seems like i tick few thigns off i read about or wanna do this n that its a never ending list lol.... hopefully onmce it done i win some silverware that'd make it ohhh so much sweeter hahaha Razz not holding my breath tho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Tue 31 May 2011, 5:38 am

hi all just thought id let you all know i have recieved my HDT badges, all look amazing and are original too Very Happy also have my door trims back they look outstanding!!!!!! will put pics up asap so can show you all :d front seats should be done in about a week or 3 lol thats what i got told he is pretty flat out but trying squeeze me in Razz have started to stick a few of the HDT badges in on the interior but not all of them yet. so hopefully ill hav e front seats in soon and then ill be able to get the work done on the motor soon too should be good for C4C and extreme's... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

here r the updated pic's...... enjoy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Thu 02 Jun 2011, 7:23 am

Fixed ya pics Daniel.......looking awesome buddy...give yaself a pat on the back mate, you deserve it
Back to top Go down
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:10 am

Wow...Those door trims look amazing! Where did you get them done, or did you do em yourself?? Love your work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Mon 06 Jun 2011, 7:52 am

thanks guy appreciate it ALOT Very Happy makes it worth while missing events if it means getting my car done... i wish i did them myself lol but it was from a place called CASTLE TRIM at edwardstown cross from castle plaza on south road. very good guy and very well priced does cars boats caravan's.... GRAHAM is doing all my interior. would like to get him on as a sponsor so if anyone wants call him n ask be my guest i can garuntee he does AWESOME..!!!!!! work wait n see my interior in real life nu can be the judge...all i have left is rear seat, roof linning, for interior. also scored set of HDT le sideskirts so all need is lower door moulds n i got complete kit n badges. i got my glovebox pad back on sat. fell in love straihgt away looks amazing ill get pics up asap...!!!!! so left on my list before its on road stands as: rear seat,roof lining, fit kit and paint front n rear bars. new tyres rims re-painted.. lol big but achiveable b4 C4C im hoping
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

HI all thought i'd put the pic's of my series 2 calais glovebox pad up that i got done... been hunting one for ages n found one at the right price n snapped it up asap!!! lol hope u like there pics i also added a lil "custom" flavour to them since im doing a HDT LE replica i thoguht id add a "by HDT" badge to it just to make it a lil different but also keeping it looking "original" let me know what you think? Very Happy any feedback is appreciated

also got them recessed as the original "CALAIS" badge on them are so had to make them the same... Very Happy very impressed and over the moon with the way the interior is coming along... hopefully helps win some silverware...!!!! lol thats just be the cherry on the top of the cake!!!! Smile guess i can only dream atm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:38 am

UPDATE: did some more work on my car today had day off work lol Razz took my seats finally to trimmers so hope not too long there..... also went to you pull it for few screws n stuff. Also had time to do my bonnet strut conversion think it turned out good. and stuck all my HDT badges on. hope u like.

Dont mind the white strut mounts... got red oines just trial fitted ones and sorry couldnt figure out how make pic's smaller... let me know what u think.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

Looks great bud, keep up the good work! Badges look perfect...What're you getting done to the seats at the trimmers??
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

i have black leather vy SS seats getting them converted to vl rails so i cant get defected for drilling holes in the floor for the vz rails..... all i have left as far as the HDT LE kit is the rear lower door moulds..... then ill be hopefully able to get them painted and put on the car... Very Happy Very Happy cant wait to turn the key for the first time once it's all done bounce lol im alos sending it off to get the work done on the motor this sat too Very Happy fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RBE 747
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   Sat 23 Jul 2011, 12:18 am

hey all thought id update you all on my progress..... as we speak i have had the car towed to my mates workshop to fix up the problem with the motor.... have ordered the HDT LE door moulds as they had none in stock they are mking a pair just for me Very Happy Very Happy hehe..... rear seat is in the process of being done then just roof linning and getting the outside painted intime for C4C and then i got few weeks before extreme's.... would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have it all prefected and done by then and enter it in the club display if its finished n everyone dont mind ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JET - 086   

Back to top Go down

JET - 086
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: Your Ride-
Jump to: