coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

broken studs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andyt
Club Member
andyt

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25

broken studs Empty
PostSubject: broken studs   broken studs Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

hi guys,
just wondering if anyone is skilled in removing broken studs from a head, purchased the skyline and 3 were already broken.

Am willing to pay if anyone is able to do it or point me in the direction of a cheap mechanic to do it.

cheers
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-25

broken studs Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken studs   broken studs Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

broken studs Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken studs   broken studs Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 5:32 pm

If the studs still have a bit of meat left on top of the block, just use Stilsens and unwind them (that's wat we done in the past). Tap them with a hammer and really ya could prolly just about undo them with ya fingers.

Or if they're broken in the block, use ezy-outs (Think they're about 20 bux a set from Repco). Drill a small pilot hole in the stud, then use an ezy-out to unwind it. Just make sure ya don't let any metal shavings go down the oil or water gallerys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

broken studs Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken studs   broken studs Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 1:19 am

As the other guys have asked how much of the bolt is visible on these?

I have a full set of ezyouts and am happy to have a look at it for ya.

If possible get a pic of one of em and sms it to me so I know what we are looking at.
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
andyt
Club Member
andyt

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25

broken studs Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken studs   broken studs Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:34 am

cheers for the info guys, none of the stud is visible, completely in there.

pazz that would be greatly appreciated if you could, will try and take a pic and bring it tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

broken studs Empty
PostSubject: Re: broken studs   broken studs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

broken studs
Page 1 of 1