coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

MANARO defected

Go down 
+7
s4mm1 : )
AC/DC1
VXSS350
RBE 747
DANNY8
Pazz
manaro
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manaro

manaro

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-12

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 6:41 am

got defected on the way home from extreme horsepower show just sitting at the lights too loud and too low = full inspection, so won't be seeing manaro on the road any time soon as it will be a bit of work to get the defect off Mad
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 8:00 am

That is the worst news I have heard in a long time. Good luck getting the defect off mate
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 11:32 am

That's a low act, can't understand why the police would defect a sweet ride like that, when there are plenty of cars that deserve a defect in and around the northern suburbs.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 11:50 am

05VZ wrote:
That's a low act, can't understand why the police would defect a sweet ride like that, when there are plenty of cars that deserve a defect in and around the northern suburbs.

As nice as it may be, if it's illegal and defectable ya can't really argue the point or get angry about the situation. If ya don't want a defect, don't start modding ya car, simple as that. And yeah I realise cops can defect a brand new car off the showroom floor, but unless ur being a dick the chances are pretty slim lol. I guess the only reason alot of nice cars get defected is coz they attract attention. If a Commo with big mags drives passed alongside a rusty Corona, chances are the Commo with big mags is gonna get pulled over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 12:58 pm

Cliff wrote:
Oh Scott mate so sorry to hear that mate. You have put so much god damn work into that beautiful Monaro mate. I am so sick to death of the Police these days, They are all a bunch of arse wipes, they would not know a bad car from a good one. Sorry but that has really peed me off to defect a car like that. So so sorry Scott I do hope you get the defect off. All I can say really the cop that defected you must of been so jealous of such a sweet ride. of a Ford nerd. Low very low coppers defecting a show winning car

Why is it low Cliff ???? If the suspension is lowered beyond manufacturers specs, and the "LEGAL" limit, then it's a defect !!!! simple as that.....if the exhaust exceeds the allowed DB limit, then it's illegal and it's a defect.......you want to put cams, cold air inductions, all that sort of stuff, then it's a chance you take and a risk you run, that if you do get pulled over, then there's a good chance that it will get a defect......It annoys me that people like yourself get shitty at the cops when a car like scotts gets defected, instead of some $1400 Shitbox, but regardless of if $1400 has been spent on it or $140,000 spent, if either car has illegal mods, then they are both fair game .....

OK Cliff here's a scenario for ya....your drivin the calais , minding your own business, when a show car with $100,000 worth of mods, which is too loud,too low, has a cam and a cold air induction, and has MAF sensor removed, smashes into you and puts you in hospital with serious spinal injuries.......would you still be saying that bacause the car is in show condition and has a shit load of $$$$ spent on it then it's all ok that he hit me with all those illegal mods....????? I think not !!!!!

No offence to you scotty, it's a remarkable vehicle, and yeah it sucks that you got canaried, but I'm pretty sure you're intelligent and knew what you were doing when making the mods in the 1st place.

Last edited by AndyCapped on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 9:55 pm

hey buddy that gotta suck..... so how much stuff do ya got get off for regencey would it b worth getting it engineered to mnake it easier for u??? ............. just a thought
Back to top Go down
manaro

manaro

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 10:59 pm

I knew the risks with driving my car on the street with it lowered and loud exhaust and all the other mods done to the car, i am not angry at the cop for doing his job just sux that's all. I would never get it engineered with the current motor set up as it would not pass emissions, braking system and abs move have already been engineered but it is not cheap and would cost ten times more than getting the defect off. thanks for the support anyway guys Neutral
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 12:35 am

thats ok mate thought i would ask thats all... u do kno if u can get aftermarket ecu n bigger turbo set-up liek i got on my vl turbo engineered??? wouldnt mind looking into it as i dnt wanna get defected myself Sad
Back to top Go down

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 2:07 am

manaro wrote:
I knew the risks with driving my car on the street with it lowered and loud exhaust and all the other mods done to the car, i am not angry at the cop for doing his job just sux that's all. I would never get it engineered with the current motor set up as it would not pass emissions, braking system and abs move have already been engineered but it is not cheap and would cost ten times more than getting the defect off. thanks for the support anyway guys Neutral

And as I said Scott I too am heartbroken that the car has been defected, I do know the amount of blood sweat and tears put into that beast,and yes it does suck, but what I was saying was just because it's a trophy winning show car, doesnt make it above the law...which Cliff seemed to think it was....I really do hope you get it sorted scotty.
Back to top Go down
VXSS350
Club Member
VXSS350

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-26

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 3:13 am

It seems to me that if a person can buy gear to change a car and that shop sells it as a legal GST added item then
regardless of the law it is legal.

I will tell you if the Govt collects TAX from these items if you push it in a law court you will win.

The police force should not be used to collect revenue and this is what is going on.

We all know that there are riske but the Govt still collects GST on the goods sold BIT OF A MORAL PROBLEM???

Sorry to see the car was marked with a notice Scott.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Club Member

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-21

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 7:53 am

That's a shame Scotty, but it was Extreme Horsepower weekend in S.A and a "little birdy" told me the "law enforcement" had a sweepstakes on how many could book/defect the most "SHOW CARS"

If it was another weekend I think you would be fine.

Leaves a sour taste in your mouth hey, I just hope the winner of the "sweepstake" chokes on his winning bottle of scotch Twisted Evil

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://allcommodoreday.co.nr

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 8:42 am

You all make a good point, my brother is a cop, he once said that if a cop wanted to be a p...k he could defect a car for putting mags on. however he has looked over my car which sits 40mm low 20mm over the legal limit has a cold air induction and half the exhaust done 2 half inches, and he told me that if I got defected either I was being a d...head or the cop was a p...k. knowing that I want cut corners modifying my car. I had a mate that got a torana defected because a bottle of oil he had on the passenger floor leaked so the cop said it must be from the engine and sent it to regency park. As my brother said with his 10 yrs experience most cop wouldn't no the front end of a car from the rear end and this includes my brother, Story's I've heard of police selling cut & shut car which have passed roadworthy test, I would be pretty tick off if I was driving a cut and shut car. So if a cut and shut car can return to the road that I see no reason why a modified car modified by specialized people in field can't remain on the road, I would like to see proof that my lower vz v6 would take longer to stop than 1 at factory height, my only problem with a my lowered car is ripping the exhaust off which I've nearly done countless times but that's my problem. Why is it that the cop cars are lowered and chipped? for performance and handling so why the f... can't we have the same? why is it that my car is insured I haven't hidden any thing from my insurance company yet my car is insured to be on the road. in fact my insurance company said that as long as my car or the misses car wasn't dragging it tail pipes down the road than its not to low and can be insured I'm with AAMI. I got hit up the back side years ago by a guy that had no brake shoes on his car and couldn't see what the big deal was, its people like that the police should be looking out for, cars held together with rust and tape and modifications carried out in the back yard, that warrant no receipts of specialized people carrying out the work.I know police that drive cars that shouldn't be on the road I've looked over a few cars owned by police and I can tell you if they were road worthy than pigs could fly. I've been informed never by an ex-police because it might not be as road worthy as you and I would think. due to the hell the police put them though, ripping out suspension towers going fast over islands in the middle of the road for an example, and before you say it, think would you like to be driving a car that has had it suspension tower ripped out in a high speed chase? Yet the government sell that car and many like it to the public. MY vz was ex government council car, from a government auction and it was sold to me with four bald tires. I no the police have a job to do but hell pick a car that should not be on the road not because its to loud or looks sweet
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:23 am

i for one agree with ur previous statement some of these road laws are a bunch of crap..!!! and you are right the amount of "crap" cars (not including every ford on the road lol ) are in alot worse shape than what our cars are in and they deem ours "unroadworthy" i see it as they see our cars as an easy target... i once asked a cop about there cars and i wasn't ruide or arrogant about it either the question that i asked was " how come your patrol cars are the base model commodore (omega) and you are allolwed to have it fitted with FE2 springs whihc are not specified as there original height or spring for that model and a performance chip and the public aren't??" the cop looked at me with shock and paused for a bit and replied " uhh ...... you can't question a government vehicle" i was shocked with this answer i got so i asked the question again asking for an explination why the rules were allowed to be changed for them and not the general public? and i got another reply of " you cant question a government vechile now move on..." what a laod of crap that answer was..!!!! i for one would liek a explination to why they claim to be "above the law" aas they always promote themselves as abiding by the law and setting a good example to the public.. i for one think they are bending the rules to sit them and if anyone else did this they would be punished...?!?!?! dnt think this is very fair or just..... especially if the parts that we purchase and put on our cars are bought legally from shops and pay GST on them so why r they governemnt allowing such parts to be sold to the public and then slugging them again with a defect notice and a cost to go regency? if they think that every part they sell is being use for "off road" activities they r either blind or iggnorant.. what about the parts the sell and fit themselkves? shoudlnt the companies or shops b held accountable for fitting these parts? i not having a go at the ftermarket industry cuz i love my aftermarket parts lol but itys just frustrating that this is allowed to happen... I got perfect example my frined owns a executive model commodore he got fitted a set of FE2 springs from the same model and got defected for having them in the car bexcause they werent the specified springs for that model and height? now how is that fair... i can't vouch for him if he was doing somehtign stupid to b pulled over tho.....anyhow thats juts my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 2:00 am

HAVENT PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF PARAGRAPHS ????? IT HURTS MY EYES !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-06-29

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:54 am

AndyCapped wrote:

Uhhh does it really matter??
Back to top Go down
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-14

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 7:50 am

Sorry to hear you car got defected manaro had a look-see and it looks sweet!
I haven't heard it so I don't know how loud it is but it appears the cops were just being asses!

I'm all for loud exhausts! How annoying are new motorbikes these days when you don't notice them weaving through traffic and you can't hear them coming anymore either? Make everything louder!

You obviously have taken alot of time to put it together properly but I bet the cops saw $$$ to be made.
There's something like 5 different sets of rules/laws that cops can pick from as it suits them. There's the ADR's, and the rest they just do as they please, as they see fit.

You think the cops are out to get us in Commodores- Yes they are! We drive quote: "Targeted vehicles"

To RBE 747 we are rolling piggy banks for the cops.
A long time ago there was a drag strip that people could use at Adelaide International Raceway. Back in that golden era, people could actually go racing and have fun in their vehicles. Wink
Bob Jane is more worried about keeping his money from his missus, so no more drags. Crying or Very sad
Cops impliment new laws like 'hoon laws' which cover not only people acting dangerously (and quite rightly so), but include anyone that even chirps a tyre on a white line at the lights. Why? Not for safety, but more $$!

'Not legal for road use' aftermarket parts are allowed to be sold as the Government get the tax $$ and if a cop finds you using it then they get defect/fine $$.
Then there's more tax $$ to be made when you buy stock parts to get a defect off...
If you have a Commodore that you want to take around Malalla then you want bigger brakes, wider tyres, and lower and stiffer than stock suspension.
Legal or not- parts sellers will sell them to anyone so they make more $$.

Holden's will not sell or endorse them as they are required provide warranties and to follow laws however dumbed down they are. -Saving $$.

Gov. and cops do not care if things are safe but rather whether or not $$ can be made.

As 05VZ said: "I had a mate that got a torana defected because a bottle of oil he had on the passenger floor leaked so the cop said it must be from the engine and sent it to regency park."

That was me! I was polite and not being a smart-ass. The (literally sneering) cop didn't care or even look at the engine for any kind of leaks, just needed something else on the form to send me to regency.
Safety issue? No. Apparent defect? Must be, they're the police! D.H.'s!
I got told my chrome aircleaner is a defect- "Because it's a glare hazard if the bonnet comes off." WTF!! He didn't mention the chrome grille around the wiper arms?
When I challenged him over the left hand mirror (which was missing) and explained it's not required being an SL and was never made with one the cop said: "I'm putting it down anyway and regency can check that."
He kept trying to tell me how much me reckoned it would cost to put through regency and ignored the fact that I pointed out that he was full of s#!t and making things up!
Things got worse. Long story, but I believe it was just a senior 'flexing his authority' in front of young recruits.

In short, if cops can scab $$ off you they will.
Do you see them pulling over cars to do quick checks on suspension or brakes or if there's excessive play in the steering? No! They wouldn't have a clue!
Much easier to 'think' a car is too low...
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

HRDNUP

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-02-17

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 8:59 am

Cut and shut cars are not illegal as long as there done to standards. car mods can be illegal but not all, for many reasons ride height is an easy one if its to low it can cause damage and not allow propper suspension travel. exhaust mods are fine if the emmisions and sound is not out of spec.

rims size can put greater stains on bearings and suspension.

im sure scott is unhappy about the defect but understands why, its hard to make rules for every different car, so generic regulations/ standards have to be set.

the police are told to do certain things and if that means a blitz then thats what they do. if there is a big group of modified illegal cars then sure its a easy target but thats life, don't make it easy for them. all my cars are illegal in some way but i don't make it obvious (driving style, no extreme mods) by hanging around other heavy modified cars.

and regarding GST on illegal car mod parts whats wrong with that you do not have to put them on a street driven car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatmine.com
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-25

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 9:22 am

BTW, Scotts Monaro is already off defect lol

Easy as pie.
Back to top Go down

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 9:27 am

SIG-054 wrote:
BTW, Scotts Monaro is already off defect lol

Easy as pie.

too good,i'll love it
I'll alway love good new's cheers
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-25

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 9:38 am

Thought id post up some good news after the long winded discussion about something thats so pointless really. Afterall, our comments are just null and void anyways. Unfortunately for those who get done its just a bit of put up and shut up and get it fixed. They are just doing their job, sure the manner in which they do it is questionable, but its only a matter of time for most of us.

Some get it fixed up asap, some leave their cars in the shed to gather dust, im the latter lol
Back to top Go down

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:37 pm

s4mm1 : ) wrote:
AndyCapped wrote:

Uhhh does it really matter??

To you ...no........obviously........each to their own I suppose...
Back to top Go down
manaro

manaro

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 4:42 am

yep the monaro is off defect, wasn't as hard as i thought but still had put in the standard suspension,standard cat back exhaust and swap the cam for the standard one and retune the engine with the maff meter in place, they were happy with all the other mods but i did have the turtle cover painted blue and put it back on to cover the manifold and the fact that my engine covers have ls1 383 airbrushed on them Laughing the exhaust is already back on but with the resonator and without the cam isn't as loud anyway and suspension is getting done right now but set at minimum height of 350mm front and rear, going to leave the standard cam in at the moment as i still goes pretty good and my tuner wants to put it on the dyno to see what a 383 with heads and standard cam pulls should be interesting, but i am sure i won't keep it like that for too long Very Happy
Back to top Go down

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 5:01 am

sweet,so we see ya out and about then scotty What a Face
Back to top Go down
andyt
Club Member
andyt

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 6:31 am

why would i take the time to write on an online forum

Last edited by andyt on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 6:50 am

manaro wrote:
yep the monaro is off defect, wasn't as hard as i thought but still had put in the standard suspension,standard cat back exhaust and swap the cam for the standard one and retune the engine with the maff meter in place, they were happy with all the other mods but i did have the turtle cover painted blue and put it back on to cover the manifold and the fact that my engine covers have ls1 383 airbrushed on them Laughing the exhaust is already back on but with the resonator and without the cam isn't as loud anyway and suspension is getting done right now but set at minimum height of 350mm front and rear, going to leave the standard cam in at the moment as i still goes pretty good and my tuner wants to put it on the dyno to see what a 383 with heads and standard cam pulls should be interesting, but i am sure i won't keep it like that for too long Very Happy

Great to hear it wasnt as hard to get off as thought scott.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MANARO defected Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANARO defected   MANARO defected Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANARO defected
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next