coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkStar

DarkStar

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY   PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 11:59 am

Alright, guys...It's nearing the time for the dreaded stripping, respray and reconstruction of Black Beauty...

If ANYONE can help me with stripping her down early January, and if you can help me with a spray booth and/or facilities, I will get you a carton. I have a painter, so facilities are just the main issue.
I will be getting a bodykit around xmas, and I will need help from as many people as I can because me being the impatient, needy little man i am, need or want the car ready to go before around the 20th of January, or by the All Holden day down at Glenelg...

I want to know if A) This is possible and B) If anyone can help me...

I will need help with the following:

Stripping of the entire car (Basically to a shell)
Sanding down all panels to bare metal
Engine + Trans removal (Plus storage while its being sprayed if you can)
Interior stripping
Dent removal
Re-wiring of dash components

..And basically the same stuff reversed, as I'll be needing to put it back together again!

I don't know s**t about stripping things or putting it back together, so you guys are the experts here.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1650784809
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY   PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 12:28 pm

That sounds like a hell of a lot of work mate, are you sure you want to get that deep into it?
Back to top Go down
DarkStar

DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY   PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 12:42 pm

Well if i don't do it when I have the opportunity, I'll have to do it later down the track anyway...I may as well do it now seeing as i'll be needing to respray the bodykit and several panels, and I'll definitely be needing to re-do the whole car anyway...
Back to top Go down
SDEWYZ

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY   PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 1:39 pm

I reckon that is too much work to do in a month man. The only way that would be possible is if you worked from sun up to sun down 7 days a week for the next month. And even then I dont know. You are basically explaining a full metal ground up rebuild. Lot of work for a month.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar

DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY   PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 2:06 pm

For now, all that matters is that it looks decent from the outside. That's the idea for a full rebuild, but If it's going to take ages, I'd be happy with the kit and exterior looking fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY   PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROJECT: BLACK BEAUTY
Page 1 of 1