coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-01-28

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Empty
PostSubject: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013, 4:12 pm

Hey all.
Here is my ride. A 1984 VK Berlina that will one day grow into a beautiful group C butterfly. lol
I'll start with a pic of how it was first presented to me and then tell the full story when it's not so late.
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C IMG_0006
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 7:40 am

And here's how the car sits today.

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Photo

So would you like to know how it got from point A to point B???? lol hahaha

First of all I got the old girl lowered with peddars sports ryders up front and munroe gas down back and threw on some VN SS rims to get those hubcaps out of here.

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C 100_4139

Noticing the rear bumper was light grey and not matching the front I called on exec24 to supply me with many parts. lol I came across a set of VS stato rims and threw them on for a more prestigious look.

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C 2010-10-09090231
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 7:49 am

I sourced a VL exhaust from Andy J and had that mated to the black 202 extractors, grabbed a set of black venetians, tinted windows and added a stereo, parcel shelf and door speakers along with sub and amp.
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Dscn1917

Threw in a set of VS Acclaim seats as well. Around the same time I got the seats I got some Internaional rims so they went on as well. Calais rear lights went on too, along with Calais rear headrests and my own custom made rear window brake light.

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Dscn1530
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C DSCN0110
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 10:02 am

Tidy vk matee.. keep us posted... Smile
Back to top Go down
JSTKRZN

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-04-10

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 11:45 am

Long time coming with the bodywork Matt... Haha =] can't wait to see it finished
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 3:38 pm

Yeah Jason, it sure is a long term project. lol. I havent finished my story how it got in the shed yet as you know. lol
Thanks Rebecca, There is a small amount of cancer in the back end that needs surgery but thats all.

After a while I decided to start the trend of Flappers on cars again when I picked up some cheap and whacked them on my stock rims.
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C IMAG0085

LOL, after going through so many wheels I came across true love. LOL. I swapped the internationals I had for a set of VY GTS rims that had about 6 coats of paint on them. After a soda blast I got them powder coated White. From that day on I loved white wheels
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C DSC00177

Jason put some great 235's on them for me at his old work
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C DSC00194

They set the car off like a bull and a red flag. lol

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C DSC00201

At a dyno day the sad and sick 202 ran rich and pre detonated badly and made a killer 64.9kw. HAHAHAHA
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Dscn3246

Redwalls went on after that awesome display of power. I also added twin AU thermo's and removed the clutch fan after a tune up

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Dscn3367

With the first Mallala track day coming up I got slotted rotors for the front

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Dscn3365

The beast ran hard (if not slower than everyone) but she didnt ship a beat all day
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Dscn3551

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C VKwhip

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C VKStraight

I have a VN locker sitting in the shed with slotted rear rotors for the car eventually

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C IMAG0082

I also attended the 2nd Mallala Track Day and she still went hard and after mates VH blew a diff she even drove home from there. lol
She was running on VN Calais rims that day and since then have apinted them white too.
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Mallala20122

I got a front left fender and welded the aerial hole in preparation for a VE rear roof aerial.
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C IMAG0269

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C IMAG0297

And that's where it hit POINT B. lol hahahaha

As in the second pic, she sits on car stands (tonight I put 19's on it. lol) with all brake lights etc, headlights and door trims removed ready for the aerial on the roof and some rust surgery. After that she'll get a really good rubbing and a lick. lol, A lick of paint that is, White of course. I have white venetians in boxes still to go on then and the diff will go in. I might drive it a bit after that if I can be bothered putting it all back together after that. If not I'll save for the Group C kit, install it and add the dayglo orange and full race decals. By then I shouldve also saved for a 5L and manual or even a Gen 3 by then.

One step at a time though. lol

Last edited by Kwakaman on Sun 19 May 2013, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double pics. lol)
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 8:36 pm

Great thread.. sounds like uve had some fun in the vk... btw my names daniel.. I just use my missus fb cuz I cbf making one lol
So keep us posted mate good work ..
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2013, 3:08 pm

Gday Daniel, thanks for the compliments. I've had a good time owning this car for almost 9 years now. Picked up my VE roof aerial today, now the painstaking task of removing the roof liner inside to cut a hole in the roof. After this I just need to replace the front apron and then save up for my bodykit. lol
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 3:28 am

I have freshly blasted rims now. Just needs a few coats of primer then some white.

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C 004

Picked up a nice little parts car for free. lol. Not a lot on it but the guards and bonnet are mint, plus I want to use the boot section to make a BBQ!
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C 005

Got a VE aerial and bought a bee sting antenna of ebay for it. Drilled the roof and have mounted the aerial. Now to run a wire to it and earth it to the roof.

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C 007
VK 202 Berlina turned Group C 006
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Looks good mate keep up good work.. didnt know how it would look but now I seen the pic of it done n its good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VK 202 Berlina turned Group C   VK 202 Berlina turned Group C Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VK 202 Berlina turned Group C
Page 1 of 1