coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Andy and Kris's new drift car

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andyt
Club Member
andyt

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Andy and Kris's new drift car Empty
PostSubject: Andy and Kris's new drift car   Andy and Kris's new drift car Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:34 am

Hi Guys i own the blue VZ and Kris owns the white VY SS, we have also been court by the drift bug that has seemed to take in a couple of members of late lol.

we have invested in a R32 Nissan Skyline GTS-T RB20DET.
which had been defected, which does not matter as it is going to be for track.

only have the one dodgy pic at the moment that i took on my phone this morning but will add some more when i get home.

we are hoping to be out at mallala for the next practice where i will be out testing my own driving skills. along with adam and jason.

Andy and Kris's new drift car Dsc00011

[img]Andy and Kris's new drift car Dsc00012[/img]

[img]Andy and Kris's new drift car Dsc00013[/img]

Last edited by andyt on Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andyt
Club Member
andyt

PostSubject: Re: Andy and Kris's new drift car   Andy and Kris's new drift car Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 10:42 am

Andy and Kris's new drift car Dscf1410
Back to top Go down
SDEWYZ

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Andy and Kris's new drift car   Andy and Kris's new drift car Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 11:30 am

What has been done in the way of modification. I can see intercooler piping and a few gauges. But you need a bit more than that. If you are planning for this car to be a drift car you are going to have to invest in some coil overs, a hydraulic handbrake, 2 way LSD and then putting some money into the motor. I would be first of all getting a front faced JD Plenum, bigger injectors, surge tank, knock the boost up and get a bigger turbo. Really depends what end of the scale you want to be at.

Also, a fully tuneable ECU is a must. Something like a Haltech would do nicely.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Andy and Kris's new drift car   Andy and Kris's new drift car Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

SDEWYZ wrote:
What has been done in the way of modification. I can see intercooler piping and a few gauges. But you need a bit more than that. If you are planning for this car to be a drift car you are going to have to invest in some coil overs, a hydraulic handbrake, 2 way LSD and then putting some money into the motor. I would be first of all getting a front faced JD Plenum, bigger injectors, surge tank, knock the boost up and get a bigger turbo. Really depends what end of the scale you want to be at.

Also, a fully tuneable ECU is a must. Something like a Haltech would do nicely.

Or just weld/spool the diff and go have some fun. Ya don't need all the flash stuff to get ya started.....it'll still drift without it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
andyt
Club Member
andyt

PostSubject: Re: Andy and Kris's new drift car   Andy and Kris's new drift car Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:28 am

This is the car as purchased, basically it'll be taken out pretty much as is, just to feel what its like how it handles and then see where to go from there, dont wanna change parts just because people say to do that and then it be wrong for the way i drive, coilovers arn't essential and probably something i will stay away from for the beginning, its just a hobby and a bit of fun and a car to work on, not something to take out and be competitive.

So over time things will be done and changed, but for now there are plenty of small things i can do to have it ready for some fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy and Kris's new drift car   Andy and Kris's new drift car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andy and Kris's new drift car
Page 1 of 1