coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December

Go down 
+8
TUFCV8
andyt
TIGER3
Auzzie
Pazz
HULK
devil3
VNSSLOVERS
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 6:36 am

FFS can we cut with the attitudes already.......
Back to top Go down
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 6:39 am

apologies Andy Smile
Back to top Go down
devil3

devil3

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:24 am

sorry to the members whom think there was attitude in my comment but i was just stating the truth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:19 am

it's all good, just seemed to come across as a bit bitchy...but no probs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 12:14 pm

sorry for the late reply we will be there
Sage 11yrs
Jared 8 yrs
Mia 3 yrs
and I agree with Andy lots of fairy bread. Sorry to Andy and Steve but I want in on the fairy bread you'll have to share with me
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 10:20 am

Have updated the first post with some details.

Just wondering if everyone wants to do the bring a present thing? Not for the kids they are taken care of already, this is for the adults.

I'm not fussed either way so it is entirely up to whatever the majority wants as always.

Has been suggested everyone brings a present to the value of $10 and they all get put on a table and we randomly hand them out so everyone gets a pressie on the day...let me know if you want to do this or not.

For those that don't know if you are bringing kids on the day you bring along a present for them The club will reimburse you $10 per child for the gift but you can spend whatever you want to.
However we do ask that you let us know how many kids are coming along before the day.

Last edited by Pazz on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 10:56 am

how's this for an idea.......As you don't get much for $10.00 these days....how about we bring some canned food, veggies.long life milk, coffee tea lollies etc to the value of $10 per person, and donate it to something like vinnies or the lutheran care to help someone less fortunate than us have a merrier christmas ???? trude and I donated 20 kilos of fruit bars last year, and I'm tellin ya it was an amazing experience...just the look on the managements face when we took it in..something I will not forget in a hurry.....
Back to top Go down
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:28 pm

were in if every one else is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:50 pm

Well said Andy,love the way u think
Most ppl don't look past they nose at christmas time
U can count me in

"JUst a thought of the day"(Gee,I get a few of these)

next year the club should have a "toy run/car show",just like the big bad biker's do
invite all the car club from classic to plastic cheers
Back to top Go down
TIGER3
Club Member
TIGER3

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:19 am

Andy it was in the minutes of September that a gift to value $10 what was voted on now you want to change what was voted on i don't understand just a comment
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:58 am

It was purely a suggestion Joan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:12 am

TIGER3 wrote:
Andy it was in the minutes of September that a gift to value $10 what was voted on now you want to change what was voted on i don't understand just a comment

you are welcome to bring a gift to the value of $10.00 joan......my money will be going on a food hamper for the needy.....

just because it is in the minutes, doesnt make it gospel joan...

the members were asked what they wanted to do as always majority will decide

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 6:40 pm

Well,dispite what anyone think's.
I have already have brought a toy for the needed
I have to agree with Andy , Joan
the committee can still buy christmas pres for the club kid's,
but it the club member's that is giving a christmas gift for the underpeivileged

I personal had experience this hard time's when I was grow up as a "street kid" Suspect

Karma is word of the day

$10 to put a smile on a kid's face,is priceless in my book's What a Face
Back to top Go down
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

We too will be spending our $10 on something to donate to the needy!

I read the September minutes and from what i can see it was not voted upon but merely discussed. That is just my understanding of how the minutes was written.

Back to top Go down
TIGER3
Club Member
TIGER3

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:24 am

i wont give to st vinnies or salvos as when we put in a nasty position we went to both and was told to have a Vegemite sandwich for Christmas as the system known as social sucks stuffed up and we went 8 weeks without anything got kicked out of house for no money to even pay rent so for that reason i wont give them anything at all not even for kids as mine got nothing either when i needed help

Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 1:53 am

You raise a good point Joan

looks like we are doing the donate to charity thing....what charity would everyone like to donate to????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:36 am

TIGER3 wrote:
i wont give to st vinnies or salvos as when we put in a nasty position we went to both and was told to have a Vegemite sandwich for Christmas as the system known as social sucks stuffed up and we went 8 weeks without anything got kicked out of house for no money to even pay rent so for that reason i wont give them anything at all not even for kids as mine got nothing either when i needed help

And that is EXACTLY why you didnt get help Joan.....these guys work on donations, and very little Government funding to help others in need.....it's this mentality of I'm not helping them as they didnt help me, thats stops people from donating in the 1st place......if they don't have anything to start with, then they can't donate can they ????

I bet that the likes of the Salvation Army, St Vincent De Pauls, Goodwill etc, wish they had enough funding to help EVERY family in need at anytime ( Your's included Joan) but alas they dont, perhaps if more people actually do what we are looking at doing, (donating the food hampers), then perhaps your family may not have gone without....

You Can't blame the charity for turning you away when they have Zero to start with.....christmas is a very busy time of the year for welfare agencies.

Pazz I was looking at the Lutheran care on prospect road, but am willing to look at anywhere bud...

Oh and Joan, if you don't wish to donate to Salvo's Vinnies etc....you're an animal lover, so perhaps donate yours to the Animal Welfare League ???? not being nasty, I don't understand, just a comment
Back to top Go down
devil3

devil3

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:50 am

I will not now or ever donate to these charity's for personal reasons and since you have all decided that this is what you are all doing does that mean I am not allowed to attend?

And please do NOT answer this andycapped I would like a committee member to answer my question as I know that this is the case for a few members
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:53 am

It christmas time !!!

Last edited by AndyCapped on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:54 am

Pazz wrote:

looks like we are doing the donate to charity thing....what charity would everyone like to donate to????

They a guy with a black ute called Mabo,he look like he doing it a bit hard Twisted Evil

But serious,any charity against child abuse like "BACA"(bikies against child abuse
or something very similar will do me

So when do u want us to bring these in Andy,at the christmas show bud
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:56 am

mabo wrote:
Pazz wrote:

They a guy with a black ute called Mabo,he look like he doing it a bit hard Twisted Evil

But serious,any charity against child abuse like "BACA"(bikies against child abuse
or something very similar will do me

So when do u want us to bring these in Andy,at the christmas show bud

I am NOT on the Committee Mario, so you may want to redirect that question to someone who is buddy Wink
Back to top Go down
VNSSLOVERS
Club Committee
VNSSLOVERS

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 3:20 am

devil3 wrote:
I will not now or ever donate to these charity's for personal reasons and since you have all decided that this is what you are all doing does that mean I am not allowed to attend?

And please do NOT answer this andycapped I would like a committee member to answer my question as I know that this is the case for a few members

Kim, in response to your question. It your personal choice not to donate to a charity.
And as you are a member of this club you are of course still entitled to attend the Christmas Break Up!

Also, no charity has of yet been chosen however, if members would like to suggest which organisation they would like to donate too, the committee can then contact these organisation and decide which one is most suitable!

Our suggestion would be: Wesley Uniting Mission at Bowden, as we personally have seen what they do for struggling families at xmas and have also seen how desperate they are for donations due to cut backs! However this organisation does a brilliant job giving needy families, food hampers and a present for each family member.

Also if everyone can please bring their donations to the Xmas Break Up, a committee member will deliver these to the nominated charity, if it is not possible to have someone from the charity pick it up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 3:57 am

glad all question was answered scratch

time to be happy drunken

Merry santa everyone lol!
Back to top Go down
TIGER3
Club Member
TIGER3

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 5:33 am

Andy i always did support salvo red shield i used to collect for them in there door knock but after my bad experience i lost all respect for them my kids had nothing for Christmas that year and we didn't have a Christmas meal we had the last loaf of bread out of freezer hope you understand why i am so against them when i did help them but couldn't get help for me and my kids and that has happened to me twice now the last time was 2 1/2 years ago when i was on my own i asked for help but got none then either
Back to top Go down
andyt
Club Member
andyt

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 7:50 am

my suggestion is not to donate to a "church" backed or based organisation.

such as anglicare etc as they get PLENTY of money from the government as it is and for the most part the money is not used the way it should be to help the people it would really benefit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December   CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLUB XMAS BREAK UP Sunday 12th December
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next