coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Oxy sensor location

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
godfather
Club Member
godfather

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Oxy sensor location Empty
PostSubject: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:28 am

Oh mighty people of COCCSA-forum-land,

I have never done this before, and as a challenge to myself, wanted to replace the oxy sensor in my series II VP, but I cant for the life of me find where the prick is! All I have for reference is a VR/VS gregories, which for all I know the VR/VS's had the oxy sensor in a totally different place to my ol' girl.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find said sensor on my car, further, does anyone have photos?

Much appreciated

A-very-embarrased-VP-owner-who-should-know-where-his-oxy-sensor-is-but-doesn't (John)
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:39 am

Hi mate i know the vr ones are in the exhaust but not sure bout vp i have manual though if need or want to borrow it Smile
Back to top Go down
godfather
Club Member
godfather

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:44 am

Hey Josh,

Yeah, gregories says the oxy sensor is located right next to the cat on the exhaust... ive climbed right under my car on both passenger and drivers sides but still cant find it.

Didnt think theyd relocate the oxy sensor between the VP and VR, but.. maybe they did?
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

PostSubject: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 5:57 am

Hi says the same thing in my vp haynes one as well
Back to top Go down
godfather
Club Member
godfather

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 6:12 am

I must be blind hahaha. Thanks anyway Josh... I'll keep looking
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

PostSubject: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 6:17 am

Thats ok mate any time
Back to top Go down
VXSS350
Club Member
VXSS350

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 6:18 am

Hi Ron

Its the pointy thing that you breath through Laughing Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 6:18 am

U could be looking for ever if the car been re-map
Just thinking if it has been remove then re-map to get rid of the dash light
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 6:30 am

If you stand on the passenger side of the engine bay and look down past the air intake pipe it is located on the exhaust just before the join. If it wasnt raining I would get you photos lol

looks like a big nut with wires coming out of it. Only thing with wires on the exhaust
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 6:46 am

awwwww I was gonna say what Pazz said Razz
Back to top Go down
godfather
Club Member
godfather

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 8:13 am

Ok thanks Pazz! I'll have another look.

btw, who would have thought, a vr/vs otr cai doesnt fit a vp! </sarcasm>
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

PostSubject: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 8:23 am

Do you have one that fits vr can i grab that off of you and for how much? What a Face
Back to top Go down
godfather
Club Member
godfather

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 9:38 am

well, that was a waste of time.

Thanks to Pazz I found where the oxy sensor lives, so I jacked up my car and put it onto ramps (not an easy thing to do) then I got under the car and removed the old oxy sensor.

I then got out from under the car, deciding to plug in the new sensor from the engine bay and drop it down... but to my surprise, the new oxy sensor wont plug in! I was fairly sure my car used the 2 wire sensor, and sure enough it did, but one of the pins is keyed in such a way as to prevent plug-in reversal. The problem is, the position of the little bit of plastic that acts as the key is wrong on the new sensor, so I cant plug it in no matter which way.

I did ask for a VP Series II v6 Oxy sensor... oh well, back to the store next weekend methinks.

@Josh, I'm going to check out ebay for a proper VN/VP OTR CAI, but if I fail to find one, I'm probably going to modify this one I have. *If* I do find the proper one, I'll sell this VR/VS one to you.

Thanks everyone for their help, either way Smile
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

PostSubject: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2010, 9:46 am

Cheers mate much appreciated and try this store Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxy sensor location   Oxy sensor location Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oxy sensor location
Page 1 of 1