coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

German Opel Commodore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

German Opel Commodore Empty
PostSubject: German Opel Commodore   German Opel Commodore Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 1:36 am

found this site ages ago but lost it when I formatted my PC....one of the lads on HCC found it again so thought I would link it...some interesting stuff....on the german opel commodore

http://www.senatorman.de/v2/index.html
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: German Opel Commodore   German Opel Commodore Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 7:14 am

Very interesting the difference between their interior choices and ours.....wonder how much it would cost to fly an interior over Rolling Eyes
And the fact the boot is halfway between vk and vl
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

PostSubject: Re: German Opel Commodore   German Opel Commodore Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 9:36 am

I read a book yrs ago on the origin of Holden's Commodore form the VB to the VT. The VB was designed on the German Opal, which looked almost identical, as this site clearly shows, and I reckon the VT was also designed around the German made opal at the time.

Pictures of the VT & Opal have a very similar look & style But it now makes sense as to where Holden's got that crap name for the taxi pack VE...Omega, unfortunately this makes a good car sound shit.

I hope the guy that came up with that name was sacked, should have been lined up in front of the firing squad for that 1.
Back to top Go down
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: German Opel Commodore   German Opel Commodore Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 5:08 pm

Holdens basically modified these for Australia.

The VB Opel's had shorter front ends. Wasn't much but the Aussie ones are a little longer and have the different front suspension.

The VN style- way to make it look like a Volvo! =Poo. Though they did have the option of a 4.3L straight 6cyl...

The VT style onwards was thinner. Note that Aussie cars have those 2 black strips over the roof- modified wider centre sections to fit V6's & V8's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Opel Commodore   German Opel Commodore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Opel Commodore
Page 1 of 1