I am now the proud owner of my mate's at Incarsolutions old wagon. It's a 1996 Holden Commodore VS 3.8L Ecotec V6, with some very very nice modifications (and a few more done since I've owned it too!)
They have been saying that it would suit me for as long as I can remember going there as I have a habit of painting cars matt black, and liking big cars, and needing an automatic, and this ticked the boxes perfectly, so I went for it and loved every moment since!
Here are some pictures of her progression over the years.
How she was originally when my mates bought her off of Mark from Nightmares Racing.
After my mates gave it a bit of a hit with the old lowering stick - looking better eh?
After some matt black paint:
As she was when I bought her:
From this point on, is everything I've done since I've owned her
First modification - leather front seats out of a Vauxhall Senator:
I've also fitted some JBL 6" 3-way coaxials into the front doors too. Pain in the ass to take the door cards off, and I'll have the fun of changing the stereo over too at some point! Eeep!!!! Center console job out that is!
She'll certainly be a very nice, tasty piece of kit
Well this is now the plan, but with airbrushing coming up from the base as well, and maybe some pinstriping too
I then started doing this:
Need more red paint for the wheels. Done the passenger side sill red too, just need to do the other side and the bumpers as well now too
A splash of paint on the sills n wheels, looking good I think
When she stopped being airborne, I took some photos
Well she now has a red rear lip too, so the red ground bits are all done now
Yay!! She's also pumping some bass too now, only a little bit though
The bass is a pair of 12" JBL power series subs, running off a JBL GTO 14001 amp. That's 1500W RMS going into the subs!!!!! Mmmmm, tasty bass!!
Oh yea, she also does this too now she's had a decat!
After a day of work, this is the outcome.
First bit, the headliner is now in, red crushed velvet. I know it's not to everyone's taste this, but I'm absolutely loving it!!
Also had some red paint left over, so did the engine cover too
Here's a couple of photos from her first outing from the yard and from the first day of her officially being my daily driver. Woop woop!!!!
And a photo of my dash with the speed converter as it's all in km/h!! LOL
I am currently looking at the option of getting some 100 spoke wire wheels for the wagon too, and I can get them cheap enough, but the shipping from the US is waaay too much
I can get them for about £100, but with postage and import tax, that takes them up to around the £500, and I'm not paying an extra 400% just to get the damn things to me!!
Slight update too, I tried to do a red LED dash light conversion, but with the green dials, it didn't work and the green on the dials is impregnated into the plastic of the dials themselves so that's a no go
But whilst I had the dash apart, I decided to do this
There will almost certainly be more red bits happening too. The red is just taking over!! LOL
One potential eventual plan is to get some juice on the suspension instead of the normal shocks and springs to allow her to go even lower, but without the issues of speed humps stopping me, but we'll have to see on that one. It's all a matter of funds!!
More red time again!!
As my mate Mark said, if it's plastic and comes off, it's going red!!
Changes to the bass install in the trunk:
Initial install - 2x JBL 12" Power Series subs in the spare tire well
Then 4x JBL 12" Power Series subs in an ex shop display sub box, works very well and the bass is AWESOME!!!!
I then decided to go for a custom built 4th order band pass enclosure.
The new sub enclosure being built:
It will be padded on the top before being carpeted so I can use it as a bed, as demonstrated by my mate Mark here:
It in the rear of the wagon:
Along with updates to the bass, I've also made some custom fiberglass door pods to go from single speakers in each front door, to two a side
Wooo!! Door builds are done at last!! Had to go up London for a hospital appointment half way through, but gave me a good bit of time to put filler on it (sanded the fiberglass down last night) and let that set ready for sanding the filler back and then carpeting it.
After sanding down the filler:
Got some new wheels on there too, but I'm contemplating changing them again for something a bit more hot rod old skool style.
Well I've changed wheels again, going for a more lead sled style wheel. The others were nice, but the offset was a bit much (20 offset on 8J rim on a car that originally had ET38 6J rims lol). They're just a set of basic E46 15" alloys that I painted up the centers on and polished the lips up, and they look excellent I think. Going to get some spacers though to pull the wheels out a bit more, and some taller tyres on the rear, and then give the walls a red line stripe to break up the black a bit.
I am now waiting till I get paid, going to get some 215 / 70 / 15 tyres on the rear to jack the back end up a bit, and fill the rear arches in nicely too. Going to see about doing some slim red wall on the tyres when I get them too, to help break up the massive slab of sidewall that there will be.