coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Time goes by and much stays the same.............

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
colhdt

colhdt

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-06

Time goes by and much stays the same............. Empty
PostSubject: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jun 2013, 3:22 am

Gday all,
Just resigned up on here after quite a few years of standing back and taking time out from the CC scene, thought now was a good enough time to pop in and say howdy.
Im Colin and some of you may know me from years gone by (good or bad reasons, whatever they may be lol..) Former Club Pres and Life member, i now have the privelage of showing an interest again through the next generation of commodore nutters with my son BJ who is in the build of his own modified Commodore.
Many former members would recall a little boy that would be at my side throughout the years of club cruises in the back of TWR (i miss my walky....) or VHSS (why did i sell it??) amongst others or even at one of the many trade stands at car shows. This upbringing seems to have got in to his blood stream and it seems that he now knows more of whats 'current spec' than i do........as such there has been some intereseting debate and discussion over some recent projects in our garge. Shocked

Anyway - not to embarass him and further, ill let his own pics and thread do the talking and we may even try to get his car out on a couple of club runs in the future, ill be driving though as @ 14 he still has a couple of years to wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil .

It has been interesting over the past 20 years watching the evolution of this club and the highs and lows that have gone on, former members and comittee members have moved futher on in the motoring world - from video producers and motoring writers and even well known drag racing promoters, we all formed our roots around one thing - this club and the common passion for the Holden Commodore, sure we may have moved on to other intrests and family life but at the end of the day you will always remember where you came from.
Today you wont find me cruising Anzac hwy on Fri and Sat nights, more than likely im at home with my wife and 3 kids enjoying family time after a hard slog at work for the week, however hopefully it wont be too long before the HDT LE is back together and ready for a run through the old haunts with family on board.
I look forward to catching up and a few new people and i hope that this years comittee will get things moving forward in the right direction with great events and functions that such an icon deserves.

Cheers for now
Col..

Last edited by colhdt on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jun 2013, 4:35 am

Very well said collin. And alot of memories I bet of the club n commy scene... looking forward to seeing u out on cruises n club events. And if u ever wanna sell ur hdt le let me kno cuz there my fav hdt lol
Back to top Go down
Kwakaman

Kwakaman

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2013, 3:04 am

Welcome back mate, will be good to see you and your lovely car(s) out one day. I remember seeing TWR at a C4C a few years back. Lovely car.
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2013, 5:40 am

welcome back Collin, good to see some old faces returning to check out the club,
can't wait to see the hdt out and about
Back to top Go down
OlSkool

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2013, 11:59 am

Howdy Colin
It was great to catch up today and reminisce the old days of COCCSA together.
Thanks for the invite back here, all be it having to resign up, it has been some time since I have used this forum.
For those users that don't know me I'm Steve owner of the Cascade blue VH SL/E rego MUSLE 1, yes Gav's old car (check it out in members your ride section, Our VH SL/E [MUSLE1]. I was the event organizer for all 3 All Commodore Day's some years ago.
I have to agree with you about 20 years, time fly's huh.

Look forward to cruising/showing next to your beast in the future, maybe even with this club again?
The club has survived 20 years, this year and I hope its healthy and pointing in the right direction, you never know I might even part with some membership monies.

See you on the street [sideways] Very Happy

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
CLU88Y
Admin
CLU88Y

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2013, 12:25 pm

Welcome back aswell Steve,
Always good to have the 'oldtimers' come back to the club, and we hope you like what you see and hopefully decide to stick around Wink

We are taking part in the SMASA charity cruise this weekend and I have set up a quick pre meet and cruise so as we roll up to the main meet point as a club
I have created a thread in the events section, aswell as a 2013 event calendar with a couple of events we want to try and get some interest in, but by all means if you know of anymore we should know about please let me know or put in in the thread or by P.M

James
Events coordinator / cruise director
Back to top Go down
colhdt

colhdt

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2013, 1:06 pm

Thanks guys for the welcome.....ill be glad to catch up with you guys at sometime in the future Smile

As for seeing TWR @ CFC a couple of years back, unfortunately that one wasnt mine, that does however belong to a family member and it wears my old plates Sad That car was in fact purchased by a club member who subsequently on sold it through the club and then i was again contacted through the club to re-sell the car for its then owner - after a bit of negotiation a deal was struck and vehicle purchased by us.
I was at all of the early CFC events - the loud guy on the mic as event MC.

Steve - great to catch up today - get out and enjoy the note of that VH bud! 2 wheels is fun, but aint nothin like the sound of an angry 5ltr!

Ive come across a few early pics from the club in the late 90's @ our then 'Metro Day" as it was - when i get the chance ill scan and post em up. Ahh how times and trends have changed...

Cheers
Col
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jun 2013, 1:37 am

Hey colin.. how long till the HDT LE on the road?? Smile b nice to see it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time goes by and much stays the same.............   Time goes by and much stays the same............. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time goes by and much stays the same.............
Page 1 of 1