coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Empty
PostSubject: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 12:31 pm

All is good (so far) but just out of curiosity what is it worth to get one of these trannys rebuilt, recon, slightly beefed (???) and fitted by a reputable garage ?
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:08 pm

Mike at MV Automatics rebuilt and beefed up my 4L60e Trans mate. Well worth it, gives a good warranty too.
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:55 pm

Where are they located ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 2:55 am

DRW Transmissions O'Sullivans Beach Rd Lonsdale. Best in Adelaide.
Back to top Go down
VYSS
Club Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 3:21 am

Ron Im with Cliff, I had Dave @ DRW rebuild my T700 in the VH a few years back and I highly recomend him, was $2300-$2500 from memory , may be cheaper if you dont want a lot of the bells and whistles.
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:13 am

vsv8wagon wrote:
Where are they located ?

Blackwood mate. Up until recently they held the record for the fastest factory equiped 4L60e Trans car at 9.9 at 144mph.

I had a stage 2 package done for 2800. Not including the convertor though.
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 12:12 pm

Thanks guys. I'm just sussing things out as I figure that at around 200,000 kms it's time to start the old piggy bank going as it is not going to last forever Question On the same topic what do you get out of these trannys anyway (used/abused) ?
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
SIG-346

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 12:53 pm

Do you have a trans cooler on the old girl Ron? that will certainly help it last a while. That was the only thing i didnt do on my stock trans and it died due to the heat of the convertor slip.

Also, if i remember rightly, the trans will cost the same to rebuild whether its dead or still going, so u may aswell wait until you kill it imo.
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 5:43 am

It does have a trans cooler. All is ok at the moment, it's just that in recent times I can hear a slight growl when it goes into drive or reverse. Perhaps it's me being just paranoid !!!
Back to top Go down
azzasv
Club Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 12:27 am

Dave DRW at Lonsdsale is the person i recommend for the job. Mike @ MV is too expensive and has had a few bad wraps.
Back to top Go down
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 12:18 pm

Thanks again. This noise I hear is confusing as it sounds more and more like a bearing I'm guessing from the tranny ????. My brain thinks of the old manual thrust bearing days but..... Anyway keep driving until it breaks and fix it !
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

HRDNUP

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 10:19 am

I have used both DRW and MV Autos and the cost is very simmular, if i need them again i will use MV Tom is 100% correct this time MV automatics and trans cooler also the condition of the trans dosen't matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatmine.com
vsv8wagon
Club Member
vsv8wagon

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 9:29 am

Well had the day off to cut some bits off my body (no not my man boobs, and the other thing fell off years ago) and took the car to DRW. Didn't catch the guys name but he was pretty good to take the time to check the wags out and take it for a drive to see just what the noise is all about. Anyway he thinks that it could be the engine mounts and suggested I start there. As for the tranny it still in pretty good nick i.e. not flaring between gear changes but he did say therer was a bit of wear in the kjghsjkg@%@#%#$sgs when it changes from 3rd to 4th. Another thing I learnt after all of these years is that the previous owner (who owned an auto tranny shop in Melbourne) has up'd the line pressures which explains why it has always had that neck jolt from 1st to 2nd when floored and kicked back. Seems as if it was a good buy those 7 or so years ago, HM headers, chip, LSD, twin air bags, puimped up line pressures etc etc Smile Though I offered $$$'s for his time he didn't take it, now that's customer service !!! I said that when the tranny does decide to go into CARdiac arrest I'll take it to him for a rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild   Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best place for a 4L 60 E Transmission rebuild
Page 1 of 1