coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Playing in the mud.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Playing in the mud. Empty
PostSubject: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 7:12 am

Brad and Wazza (other brother) went out and done a bit of 4WDing. Wazza's been waiting ages to take the GQ for a spin in the mud. He might be getting a Hilux soon so now I'm prolly gonna be the only one without a 4X4, definitely gonna get one when I get my license back tho. Very Happy

I woke up b4 (from nightshift) coz Brad pinched the camera....and yeah I heard them take off around the corner and figured when he didn't answer his phone they much have had the tunes cranked....but when I saw the pics I realised they were prolly still down at the carwash haha. And knowing Wazza, the car wash attendant is gonna have a huge mess to cleanup when they leave lol. Twisted Evil

Anyone else like playing in the mud?

Playing in the mud. DSCF0194640x480

Playing in the mud. DSCF0195640x480

Playing in the mud. DSCF0197640x480
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 9:18 am

Looks fun my sisters dad had an odessey and that went out cowell that was awesome never been 4x4 before lucky they didnt get bogged that would have been a site to see lol! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 11:50 am

Nah wouldn't matter if they got bogged coz worst case scenario they'd have to ring Mum to take the Pajero out to get them. We live right on the edge of the salt flats (in the 2nd pic, down the end of that road is the salt flats), so they're never more then a few k's away anyways.

Brad's spent a fair bit on recovery gear, only thing he's missing is a winch lol. He's saving up for a Tigerz11, which is a chinese winch, but they rate them ok in 4WD mags, and have a good warranty with them too. He's also saving for some decent 33" mud tyres.....the 32's are gettin low. Razz
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 12:13 pm

Awesome seems like your family well knowledgable with any sort of automotive lol always wanted to take my car in the mud but didnt want to wreck it mite have to ask my mate to take me for a spin in his dirt circuit car that has my old motor in his datto lol!
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 1:50 pm

Used to go out a lot with a few mates and the 4wd's usually ended up looking like that.

Our favourite game was to go to mt crawford forest during the wet season and bash around till the ranger spotted us. Then try and get away Wink

here is some video of my first 4wd. A short wheelbase petrol nissan patrol. Footage is pretty grainy but ya get the idea. And this was with 5 people in the car and the back loaded with camping gear. Laughing

Playing in the mud. Th_4wd

cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 10:06 pm

lol ya could have got more air time
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 11:12 pm

Haha funny as Pazz! Laughing

We can get the front passenger side wheel off the ground when hitting 2nd....that's about as far airborne as we've had Brad's GQ. Prolly won't do it now tho coz we pulled the swaybars out! Twisted Evil

Here's some flex shots.

Playing in the mud. DSCF4526640x480

Playing in the mud. DSCF4527640x480

Playing in the mud. DSCF4534640x480

Playing in the mud. DSCF4553640x480
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 5:04 am

haha nice movement danny
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 2:33 pm

Brad got his P's back on Monday, so been drivin round a bit. Filled the gas and petrol up and went to Port Augusta Monday lunchtime. Stopped at Stratco, spent about $230 on those galvanised 4 shelf cupboard things. They were on special and it's just the thing we need....so grabbed 10. Then realised the fuel tank had a leak and left a puddle under it.....wasn't a huge issue tho coz we just changed it over to fuel and started driving with that, and it's an aftermarket tank which is only about 35L. Brad said he'd just run it dry then pull it out next weekend to get repaired. It runs waaay better on gas anyways lol.

Went and played in the mud/rain last night after Brad knocked off work, and again 2night. Heaps of fun. But there's only so many dirt hills and tracks around the town we can climb. It's great going places where most other vehicles can't go, and going places where there's no signs that other vehicles have been there......it's just a feeling of accomplishment.

Then went out the salt flats for a bit, got bogged for a second, but ended up getting out pretty quick, didn't even have to get out of the car, just try a few different manouvres.

Brad tried the air locker in the rear diff out the other day. The ARB pump doesn't seem to have enuf pressure to engage it, but using the air compressor gets it locking up. Might have to get an air tank to keep on board and a bigger compressor, that should do the trick. Next thing Brad wants to get tho is some nice 33" mud tyres....prolly out of his tax return....then the next thing on the list is a winch. There's a chinese winch called the Tigerz11 which is rated pretty good in 4WD mags. They rated them against a Warn winch, and can't remember the other one. But that's about $700 so it's not a half bad price. Also gonna chuck 4 spotties on the roof, coz one of the mounds we were climbing 2night we had never even seen in the daylight b4, and we weren't sure wat was on top or over the other side, having spotties on the roof should help out alot so we can see more....and some lights under the gaurds could also come in handy.

Brad also took it into work last Saturday (his work mate come round and drove it into work for him) and gave it a service, plus chucked the rear spring seats in, so it's lifted another 30mm in the back....haven't put the front ones in yet.

Playing in the mud. DSCF0022640x480

Playing in the mud. DSCF0036640x480
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the mud.   Playing in the mud. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing in the mud.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: General Discussion-