coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

vl carby/air filter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[FRNTRNR]

[FRNTRNR]

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-02

vl carby/air filter Empty
PostSubject: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 8:37 am

hey all, ive recently removed my air filter from top of my carby now the middle bolt that goes straight through the guts of the carby is actually useless as there'a no thread on the carby to hold it down.

anyways i went to repco to purchase some glue, and the guy gave me gasket maker even tho i read its not to be in constant contact with petrol, used it but its not strong enough but im after ur opinion on whats stronger and better to use.

cheers ben
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 10:06 am

Has it stripped the thread? If so, maybe use araldite or sumfin similar. Ya don't need to do up the bolt on top very much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
[FRNTRNR]

[FRNTRNR]

PostSubject: Re: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 10:12 am

when i had a look at the carby there was no thread at all, i belive its bascially just a hole as such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:01 am

All I did with mine was put plumbing thread tape on the thead the put it back in worked wonders for me..
Back to top Go down
[FRNTRNR]

[FRNTRNR]

PostSubject: Re: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:29 am

ill give it a shot

cheers
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

HRDNUP

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 5:52 am

I wouldn't use thread tape that could come apart and go through the carby id used some expoxy type of mix as vibrations will be an issue
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatmine.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vl carby/air filter   vl carby/air filter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vl carby/air filter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: Tech Help-
Jump to: