coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Solid's VX Calais turbo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Solid

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Solid's VX Calais turbo Empty
PostSubject: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 8:33 am

Hi all,

Some of you out there would know me. Just a few specs on my car. It has a single turbo kit and makes 396rwkw on a Mainline dyno on the stock LS1 and stock auto trans, so it has a well matched setup. I am debating between building a trans for it or doing a manual conversion. I havent made my mind up yet, but it will be getting done pretty soon. Details are below:

- VX Calais Gen3
- 213,000kms
- 4 Speed auto
- Stock LS1 with valve springs only
- Single turbo kit
- Full fuel system with twin Walbro pumps and surge tank
- 60lb injectors
- Single 3.5 inch exhaust
- Boost controller
- Leather interior
- Standard rims
- Standard suspension
- 3.73 LSD diff

A few pics of my setup and a short video showing a bit of fun Smile

Solid's VX Calais turbo IMGP0926
Solid's VX Calais turbo Gen_R_396rwkw
Solid's VX Calais turbo IMGP0780
Solid's VX Calais turbo Th_05062009
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 9:28 am

Having seen this car in the flesh and being mates with Shane, all can say is this thing is INSANE !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Solid

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 11:19 am

Yo Andy! Thanks for the comment mate. Good to hear you are loving the power of your new beast, it has much more potential. Catch you around soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 2:16 am

Yeah Shane watched the video of the car, Seem to have a bit of a lack of traction on them there back tyres mate. Have you looked at getting some with more treat, perhaps a set of 4WD tryes LOL. No only joking with ya Shane sounds nice and lots of power on tap mate..
Back to top Go down
RATTLER

RATTLER

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 8:10 am

Very nice there Shane!! Looks and sounds the goods matey!! 396rwkw is quite a high power figure to run on the standard LS1 apart from valve springs mate Neutral Obviously Brad knows what he's doing though! Might get him to tune mine when I'm down there Very Happy

Scotty
Back to top Go down
WHTT

WHTT

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 12:27 pm

love it seen it a few times on my way to work love the little squirts u give it in the morning
Back to top Go down
Solid

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 9:06 am

RATTLER wrote:
Very nice there Shane!! Looks and sounds the goods matey!! 396rwkw is quite a high power figure to run on the standard LS1 apart from valve springs mate Neutral Obviously Brad knows what he's doing though! Might get him to tune mine when I'm down there Very Happy

Scotty

Thanks for the comments everyone Smile 396rwkw is no dramas for the stock engine but the poor old stock auto trans doesnt like it lol. I have a new trans lined up and will be installing it in a few weeks.

I do all the work on my car including the tuning. I just used Brads dyno as I dont have one lol.

I cant wait to see your car when it is all finished!
Back to top Go down
Solid

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 9:09 am

WHTT wrote:
love it seen it a few times on my way to work love the little squirts u give it in the morning

Hey mate,

Yes I have seen you a few times aswell. I always give her a bit of a squirt in the morning just before I arrive to work, it puts a smile on my face lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Clby57

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 11:17 am

the vid of your car is insane must be fun trying to keep it stright in the wet though.
also you must go through some tyres
Back to top Go down
JUSTA8
Club Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 12:29 pm

intersting you can do youre own tuning do you know what it put out stock b4 the turbo

or what a stock ls1 could put out if tuned properly thanks only had mine 3 months and told its all stock but also told needs a tune badly
Back to top Go down
Solid

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the comments fellas. It is dangerous in the wet, as soon as boost comes on, drift city. Traction control remains on when it is wet lol. It is due for some new rears now lol!

With just bolt on mods including exhaust, extractors, OTR intake and tune it made 230rwkw. That was on a different dyno to Brads so its hard to compare. I have a new trans lined up and I am putting a bigger turbo on this weekend Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 6:07 am

Hey, do you happen to have it on youtube? photobuckets a bucket of something else, on my comp- even with bigpond BB... Sad
Back to top Go down
Solid

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 7:54 am

nogen 3 wrote:
Hey, do you happen to have it on youtube? photobuckets a bucket of something else, on my comp- even with bigpond BB... Sad

Yo mate, yes you are right about photobucket, it is shithouse lol. Here is a link to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4eCYK49l9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXzQ1f8PxaQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 7:50 am

That's just so unfair seeing vids like that- I wanna spend the money on the VP and keep the wagon a "family" car.... for now(The missus'd kill me and the old boss wants me to at least get the edit done), lol.
Back to top Go down
Solid

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 10:12 am

What car do you drive now, Ashley?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009, 11:51 pm

Still got the VPSS jigsaw puzzle, but bought a gen3 VX slushbox wagon 4 the family(yeah right...) Laughing
< Shoulda kept the thingo on the right for it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solid's VX Calais turbo   Solid's VX Calais turbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solid's VX Calais turbo
Page 1 of 1