coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Pete's zombie vehicle.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Pete's zombie vehicle. Empty
PostSubject: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 2:02 pm

Here's a pic of my zombie vehicle.

This was taken yesterday morning at sunrise after a midnight cruise with my girlfriend.

And, surprise surprise, found another bit missing! A plastic piece that holds the left side of the front bumper is MIA??? Pete's zombie vehicle. Facepalm

The roof looks worse than it really is, and I'll be attempting to fix it as I'm on holidays- Woo-Hoo!

Pete's zombie vehicle. VN2

Got a bottle of phosphoric acid so I'll RE-treat the roof and slop some paint on it.

Note the 'Oh s#!t' angle of the towbar...

As 05VZ used to say: "Takes a lickin' keeps on tickin"
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

HRDNUP

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 10:14 pm

wow that car runs! might be spending a bit of coin there champ. at least you in a commodore i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eatmine.com
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 3:33 am

"bit of coin" -Only on the paint...

The funny thing is, it runs brilliantly!

I reckon it must have been no 2 off the assembly line it's so old but it just keeps on running.

Idles nice and smooth, has good power, excellent on fuel, and on a good day- good enough to beat a VY all the way well into 'license loosing' territory!

05VZ changed alot of the electrics that normally go wrong on these when he had it.

I've gone through 3 radiators (probably cooked it 3 times too!) had the timing cover corrode through, and I've replaced various suspension rubbers.

Had 3 studs break off the RHF disc so changed them with the front discs and caliper mounts off my VP.

I'd be here for days if I tried to write down everything...

In short, it's a damn good car. Just looks like crap! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 7:32 am

That VN was the most reliable Commodore I had ever owned, it took a massive beating at the hand off me, & was never looked after.

It never missed a beat in the 9 yrs I owned it. It only saw 1 oil change & had its leads & plugs changed after 8 years.

any body that knows the old VN still can't believe its still going. I brought it in 1996 & spent 9 yrs trying to kill it. until I sold it to zombie in 2003, & even I'm amazed that its still going. Toyota's unbreakable Ute's have got nothing on this VN Commodore. & that roof started rusting when my 1st daughter was bourn 12 yrs ago.

Its was a testimony to Holden's & as the Holden's factory sticker that was on the back window when I brought it stated "Holden's driving Australians further" was bloody true with this old VN. Even the old TV adds were right "there's more power than before in our all new Commodore" Holden's selling point for the VN. True....

The old VN doesn't look like much but defiantly deserves respect it should have been turned into scrap metal by now, made into a washing machine, & when it was all broken & scraped again, sold to Ford to become a XR8 or some peace of crap lol Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 1:56 pm

Well, I'm surprised it even runs after knowing what it's been through.

Should probably be Chinese pots and pans by now... He He!
Back to top Go down
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 6:01 pm

Ye olde biatch started to leak like a seive so, went around to 05VZ's place and had a look-see underneath.

Bugger! Found not only was the trans pan leaking, the extension housing seal AND the converter seal were absolutely shot...

Thanks to 05VZ for giving me a hand, and the use of his carport Sunday arvo. Much drier than my driveway.

Changed the converter seal, rear seal and did the trans pan gasket and filter.
Was surprised by the lack of dark sludge in the pan! Either the trans is still good, (highly doubt it- 350K+) it leaked out, or there's nothing left on the clutch packs to cause a build-up?
Also while the exhaust was off, stuffed some stainless steel wool in the cat around the ceramic membrane to stop an intermittent rattle.

The culprit.
Pete's zombie vehicle. 074 Well well, whaddya know? Another bit missing from my zombie vehicle! A bolt missing from the trans mount...
Found 2 bolts missing from the sump too... Time to raid the VP for some 'hardware'.

Halfway through... Not enough room to get the trans out from under the car.
Heaps of room to get in and do the seals. Suspect
You can see the 'Grease Fairy' has been and poo'd everywhere under the engine!
Pete's zombie vehicle. 075
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 5:30 am

That's 23yr of rd grime not grease, Commodores don't leak Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pete's zombie vehicle.   Pete's zombie vehicle. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pete's zombie vehicle.
Page 1 of 1