coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GOLDVC1981

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Empty
PostSubject: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 3:53 pm

yes can i have a straight story on this car i have bought. i seen one at a show on the NSW central coast. The owner stated that it was 1/50 with the build number being #42. He also said that only 3 remain. well he has one, gold lady has one and so do I, I'm guessing that there is a few still out there just how many no one really knows. I was lucky enough to get the bottle of port with my build number on it along with the gold medallion plus sales brochure, full service history , log books you name it a got it. the previous owner to me actually worked at th south australian Elizabeth plant at the time th car was built ! It has no rust and is in very good original condition ( one for the garage ). I love the looks i get from young and old obviously impressed with the old girls remarkably good condition. If anyone can give me some solid facts i would be very greatful. ty.

P.S mine is build number #265. so there was that many built at least.
#265/300 according to the bottle of port.
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm

Sounds like u got bit investigating to do.. U tried ringing holdens at Elizabeth n giving them ur VIN number??
Back to top Go down
Golden Lady

Golden Lady

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:48 pm

I know of another in Sydney too..#171. He contacted me to buy some spare front guard decals we had screenprinted.

So what would you like to know?
I've tried contacting GMH customer care who could tell me nothing...they have a 12 year black hole in their records.. '77-'89.

The '81 VC 50th Anniversary Commodore was produced to commemorate the merge of General Motors and Holden Body Builders. Around the same time as this happened, the 4 millionth Holden rolled off the line....these two cars are depicted on the medallion.

the car, medallion and bottle of port are all numbered identically, there were 300 made. I have an original letter from Holden stating this.
I also have the two broadcast production sheets from under the carpet listing the codes for everything that they came out with...they were supposed to be taken out before the carpet and seats were fitted.

if you have the contact details for the Elizabeth plant...i'd love for you to share.
This is our second 50th VC...had one about 15 years ago ...number 174
Lou
Back to top Go down
Golden Lady

Golden Lady

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

P.s. there's also a guy who recently acquired one, asking questions on justcommodores.com.au
If you goole VC 50th there'll be a link

so there's another for you, i know of about 8 still going around then...our first one went to Tassie
Back to top Go down
Golden Lady

Golden Lady

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 12:05 pm

if you're on facebook...search '81 VC 50th Anniversary Commodore...i started a group for us to share info with each other
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 7:04 am

Back to top Go down
Golden Lady

Golden Lady

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

Thanks AndyCapped, this car was bought by a fellow in SA nad has since joined my group on Facebook. Nice to see a couple more shots of his buy ...we now have 5 cars that have joined out of the 300 made and a couple more have been mentioned in this forum but not joined as yet. But thanks for the link, Cheers.
Back to top Go down
dbarrett37

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

Golden Lady wrote:
Thanks AndyCapped, this car was bought by a fellow in SA nad has since joined my group on Facebook. Nice to see a couple more shots of his buy ...we now have 5 cars that have joined out of the 300 made and a couple more have been mentioned in this forum but not joined as yet. But thanks for the link, Cheers.

Hi,
I just purchased this wonderful car from him and found this post while I was surfing for information about them can't find much. I can't wait to restore her either! I was looking for the page on Facebook but had no luck. I think I posted this rite sry If I didn't I'm not that good at forums and only really used just commodores look forward to hearing from any one who owned one of these
Back to top Go down
Golden Lady

Golden Lady

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012, 11:10 pm

are you on facebook? i started the group and it should be able to be found. Did you buy this car from a fellow called Kym? I'm just curious because he'd only just bought it according to what he'd told me after joining our group. We'd love to have you on board too as so far we have managed to locate only 5 out of 300 produced.
i'll see if i'm able to post a direct link for you...i'm not too good with forums either.

try this...

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/231697903554586/

hope it works Smile
Back to top Go down
dbarrett37

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 1:34 am

Hi,
Thanks it worked I'm not sure I only just won the auction last night and he is away for work so can't contact him till monday and I know the cars build number is 142. I'll be picking it up later on in the week can't wait I'v never heard about these cars until last week and VC being my fav commodore just makes it even better.
Back to top Go down
dbarrett37

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 1:35 am

Oh the linked worked and sent a request to join
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 1:49 am

yup 142 was the model number kym had
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

hey i swear i seen one of there on saturday at th shops near my house..!!! a really old guy hsd it n im tlkin like 70+..!!!! lol n it was manual too!!! had a white circle sticker on th fender saying fiftith anniversary...?? imm pretty sure its one of these ur tlkin bkut.. i had look in window for th build number on dash but had towel over dash..... shoulda taken a pic. was bit rough tho..
Back to top Go down
Golden Lady

Golden Lady

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

wow...not heard of them being a manual but he could have had it changed or it was factory. Keep an eye out for it again and ask if you see him. There has to be more of them around.. we're probably waiting for the old boys to drop off or retire from driving them. Smile
Thanks heaps for the update.
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

no worries mate if i see th old timer again ill ask him bit more bout it... n mayb even get his number c if he will sell it to ya... Wink
Back to top Go down
slug08
Club Member
slug08

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 11:20 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 1:35 pm

slug08 wrote:
just found this on gumtree
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/angle-vale/cars/vc-commodore-50th-anniversary/1006336811

yeah is posted on their facebook wall too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.   Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gold VC 50th anniversary commemorative commodore.
Page 1 of 1