HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Share | 
 

 Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 3:15 pm

Well Task force Diagonal has certainly started as of tonight...coming home from Elizabeth tonight, we were heading down main nth rd at pooraka just past the woolies/caltex/maccas, on the northern side was 2 police cars with a very low silver VL/VK with the bonnet up going over it with a fine tooth comb...

We then got to the newly installed lights that turn into the Gepps X homemaker HQ and there was another 2 police just sitting back from the lights, waiting for anything to go past....

Got further up to Grand Junction rd, and on the left was a silver WRX Impreza with the bonnet up and another officer going over it with a fine tooth comb....

We turned onto Grand junction and then left on prospect rd and yet another 2cars, just sitting there.....one came round after I turned onto prospect rd, followed me the full distnce to regency rd and even turned the corner as I did but didnt pull me up....just thought I would let people know.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 3:16 pm

and this is what happens to some of the morons that just don't learn....

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/motoring-news/story/hoon_loses_200000_classic_ford_gt
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Age : 31
Location : Whyalla
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 3:28 pm

Hi andy i agree but i also think its a bit over board cause i dont do burnouts or drink drive i have commited a driving offence i used my car and hit another car cause some kids other then that im pritty good but these things cause im p plates they target people and every one with p plates i dont think i should get my car towed away if i havent done anything wrong and i dont agree that cops are mechanics and shouldnt be able to defect you for stuff they know nothing about i do agree that the speeding and burn outs has to stop i have kids that play out front of their mums and its dangerous how people dont care theirs this one ute green vy think speeds down her street and then does u turn that fast if kid run out theirs no hope but i and her dont take our eyes off the kids but its people like him and others that make it hard for the rare few that do the rite thing No Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 3:31 pm

Serves him right I say like you said Andy they just dont learn they are so ignorant so they deserve anything that comes to them
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 4:00 pm

but with this clamp down josh they are'nt just targetting "P" platers, they are comin down hard on everyone....the vl and the wrx that were pulled over tonight, neither had p plates on.....It is fair if they come down on the morons doing donuts on our main highway forcing other cars off the road in the process.....if you arent doing anything wrong, but driving a modified car then you are now a target also, because of the stupidity of some.
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Age : 31
Location : Whyalla
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 4:17 pm

HI andy yeah thats exactly what i mean cause of others i get penalised i lost my license due to not displaying p plates in dads car and cause of other people i have to go back to l plates re sit driving test and have nite cerfew cause of all these other twats and it annoys me that i have to sell everything to pay for my car and these people have their rich parents buy them skylines i wish things would get easier im waiting for me to have special license to have a commodore cause these people Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 4:54 pm

law are laws every one knows them,do the wrong thing then to bad for you,as much as it doesnt make things fare for all,due to what others do my point is break the law you pay and there is point in crying about it.moded cars will always get sapol notice no matter what

Not all car lovers are hoons law breakers etc,iam legal so i dont care.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 12:46 am

I agree with ya rob, the point I am making is you may be legal,but if you have mag wheels and a sports exhaust, if the cops think your car is illegal, you are sent to regency regardless of if you are legal or not....it's called assumption....so then you have to part with your $$$$$ to have your car inspected by regency to prove it's not illegal...you don't get ya regency inspection money refunded to you.....I have 18" rims on my stato, and a 2.5 inch twin exhaust with a nice note but by far not illegal, but now I am also cop bait by SAPOL all because a few bad eggs decide they want to risk their own lives and the lives of friends/the public, so they can show that their car can produce more smoke than a victa with a set of blown rings.....tools IMO !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Club Member


Number of posts : 98
Age : 53
Location : northern burbs
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:21 am

Well ...................................... oh fark it you all know how I feel about these knob's, saves you reading it all again!

The best disscussion i've read on this topic so far is on SMASA forum (link below) Time for S.A car enthusists to stand as one no matter what car they drive (no knob's allowed) have a voice with the government, media and SAPOL, farking great idea imo.

http://smasa.com.au/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1afed08721d773c9602d2c3d0c0c609d&topic=2342.0

Prehaps not under a SMASA banner but maybe a "Shannons" car enthusists insurance banner or Mr. Johassen (Port Mayor) a well known car enthusist banner may help. A stop traffic protest in North Tce if organised right might show the knob's we (car enthusists) aint going put up with sh!t they get up to and we (car enthusists) pay for it by getting pulled over because we have a nice car, more cars will be kept in sheds if this sh!t keeps happening.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://allcommodoreday.co.nr
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 6:22 am

AC/DC1 wrote:
A stop traffic protest in North Tce if organised right might show the knob's we (car enthusists) aint going put up with sh!t they get up to and we (car enthusists) pay for it by getting pulled over because we have a nice car, more cars will be kept in sheds if this sh!t keeps happening.

Steve

this would be a crop the cops would find too hard not to harvest.All those nice cars in one spot to defect. And more cars in staying in sheds is i think what theyr after.
Either way the drivers are farked if we do somthing or nothing.
its the idiots that have caused this. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 805
Age : 29
Location : adelaide
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 10:31 am

i agree with you all i hve being "brannded" as a hoon or a "street racer" just cuz i have a nice car... and im sure all of u agree if these idiots dont stand up n say that they are not like the rest of us we will all be targeted and have to suffer whihc isnt fair....!!!!! im even concius of who is driving behind me now as i dnt want to be pulled over and hasseled for unknown reason i was puled over the other day because i drove into a car park left my wallet at my m8s hosue around he corner n drove back out to get it and i was followed back to my m8s house hey drug ested me bretho me n went over my car for no reason other than they said " i looked suspicious" n thought i was a hoon racer.... i think this is a load of shizzit...!!!! i agree we should stand up to the government and show that we are not all liek they say and put our point across...!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SIG-346
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 289
Age : 30
Location : Adelaide, Northside
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 1:35 pm

haden wrote:

this would be a crop the cops would find too hard not to harvest.All those nice cars in one spot to defect. And more cars in staying in sheds is i think what theyr after.
Either way the drivers are farked if we do somthing or nothing.
its the idiots that have caused this. Evil or Very Mad

If my car is going to be forced to stay in the shed its going to get far more modified than it already is Cool

On another note, i drove around all last night, to the footy, to town, anzac hwy, up the freeway then back home out north and didnt get picked on. scratch

I do know of Counstable Neil that has been quoted of many times in the paper, and have had a long and lenghty chat with him when i was out cruising one night. Hes a good guy and does respect the enthusiests. He even gave me his personal business card to contact him in regards to the Cruise for Charity etc.

Maybe those guys that were pulled over in Andy's first post were actually doing something stupid? who knows, all i know there is always a reason to pull someone over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JBVL
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Age : 31
Location : Whyalla
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:00 pm

SIG-054 wrote:
haden wrote:

this would be a crop the cops would find too hard not to harvest.All those nice cars in one spot to defect. And more cars in staying in sheds is i think what theyr after.
Either way the drivers are farked if we do somthing or nothing.
its the idiots that have caused this. Evil or Very Mad

If my car is going to be forced to stay in the shed its going to get far more modified than it already is Cool

On another note, i drove around all last night, to the footy, to town, anzac hwy, up the freeway then back home out north and didnt get picked on. scratch

I do know of Counstable Neil that has been quoted of many times in the paper, and have had a long and lenghty chat with him when i was out cruising one night. Hes a good guy and does respect the enthusiests. He even gave me his personal business card to contact him in regards to the Cruise for Charity etc.

Maybe those guys that were pulled over in Andy's first post were actually doing something stupid? who knows, all i know there is always a reason to pull someone over.






I disagree their is not always a reason to pull someone over thankyou im sorry to sound nasty but that is bit of bs cause not all of us do anything wrong like people saying some of us actually follow rules and regulations cause of some young and old people aka hoons is why some of us do get bit paranoid bout who sits behind us i think its going to make more hassles than any good i honestly hope this affects hoon drivers but not club events and crusies aswell as closing clubs down im sorry to harp but this is going to stir up alot of trouble for people who do the rite thing and want to make their car neat and tidy for cruises and shows a cop is not qualified mechanic which should not be allowed to defect with out some sort of car knowledge i rang the police once when i got done for defects asked if they new what rules were what they said they had no idea that i have to ring motor reg so why should a copper beable to defect then if they dont know??????? scratch Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DANNY8
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 368
Location : Port Pirie
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:05 pm

In the paper they said they wouldn't target nice cars, just people doing stupid stuff. But obviously they'll still look twice at a 'modified' car as it's normally owners of them being stupid. If your 'mods' are legal, find the paperwork which says exactly that, and keep it in ur glovebox. There's not much else u can do. Cops can defect u if they 'suspect' something isn't right, which is their job really. If you choose to have a modefied car on the road these days, ya just gotta make sure u can provide proof that it's legit coz otherwise they will defect u...and it doesn't help that most young lads get smart to coppa's anyways and still whinge when the cop defects or fines them, but most of those are the ones with something to hide and really lack respect anyways.

I guess it's a whole different ball game in Adelaide tho, being a big city with a lot of different cops...here in Pirie just about everyone knows everyone. We still have a good relationship with the cops even after all the crap with the media and courts. One even said if I ever need a lift home from work to give him a buzz (if he's at work)...took him up on the offer oneday coz I didn't think he was serious...and well yeah next thing ya know he pulls up in the cop car outside work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 2:24 pm

I totally agree with u danny Smile If u have the paperwork on hand to prove it is legal and dont give the police cheek they will be fair. Granted i dont have any modifications or anything on my lancerdore but if i have been pulled over for whatever reason they have always been polite to me as i have been to them. At the end of the day they do have a job to do Smile
Back to top Go down
SIG-346
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 289
Age : 30
Location : Adelaide, Northside
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Sun 12 Jul 2009, 3:34 pm

Police can pull anyone over upon suspicion of any modifications being defectable. Like others have said keep to the road rules and keep your modifications legal and have documentation of that and you'll have nothing what so ever to worry about.

Upon the same 'suspicion' Police can send you to regency if they are not certain that your modifications are legal. Not all police officers are trained in spotting illegal items. If your car is legal then it will pass to inspection and then youll have the correct documentation afterwards in future encounters. Very Happy

I myself know the mods i have done breach some adr's and ill cop it on the chin like i have in the past if i get defected. I keep to the road rules and rarely do i ever get looked at twice. Its all about your attitude whilst driving on the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HRDNUP

avatar

Number of posts : 121
Age : 24
Location : South Australia
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 2:27 am

CAR: All of this dosent bother me, if the car is illegal then so be it , if its not then there shouldn't be an issue. If they didn't just pull over the easy targets (modified cars) then i would support them, how many times have you seen a car that shouldn't be on the road? SAPOL should put a bit more effort in finding cars that are dangerous not just illegal for tints mags and exhaust, items that do not make the car unsafe in general. (like a car with no lights or suspension)

DRIVERS: Do the wrong thing then cop it, Ive done stupid things and have paid for it, as i should do. The police are taking the cars because its the only way to stop these people how elese do you do it?

SAPOL will not take you car unless the driver has broken the law stop stressing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eatmine.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 2:52 am

wildvt wrote:
CAR: All of this dosent bother me, if the car is illegal then so be it , if its not then there shouldn't be an issue. If they didn't just pull over the easy targets (modified cars) then i would support them, how many times have you seen a car that shouldn't be on the road? SAPOL should put a bit more effort in finding cars that are dangerous not just illegal for tints mags and exhaust, items that do not make the car unsafe in general. (like a car with no lights or suspension)

DRIVERS: Do the wrong thing then cop it, Ive done stupid things and have paid for it, as i should do. The police are taking the cars because its the only way to stop these people how elese do you do it?

SAPOL will not take you car unless the driver has broken the law stop stressing!

this where you are wrong...the WRX that was pulled over friday night was doing absolutely nothing wrong and had mags, exhaust and tint.....they went over his car with a fine tooth comb....so they ARE targetting people doing nothing wrong......but because he drove A: a modified vehicle and B: because WRX's were involved in at least 2 fatalities in the past few months.....the recoil over the morons at lower light, and the drag racers in skylines and Rex's
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 3:27 am

wildvt wrote:
CAR: If they didn't just pull over the easy targets (modified cars) then i would support them, how many times have you seen a car that shouldn't be on the road? SAPOL should put a bit more effort in finding cars that are dangerous not just illegal for tints mags and exhaust, items that do not make the car unsafe in general. (like a car with no lights or suspension)

i have to agree with this. How many cars do you see on the roads with smoke pooring out of the exhaust?? How many cars do you see with the rust the only stuff holdin them togetha???
Crazy man ! Get them off the road first.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 368
Location : Port Pirie
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 7:52 am

haden wrote:
wildvt wrote:
CAR: If they didn't just pull over the easy targets (modified cars) then i would support them, how many times have you seen a car that shouldn't be on the road? SAPOL should put a bit more effort in finding cars that are dangerous not just illegal for tints mags and exhaust, items that do not make the car unsafe in general. (like a car with no lights or suspension)

i have to agree with this. How many cars do you see on the roads with smoke pooring out of the exhaust?? How many cars do you see with the rust the only stuff holdin them togetha???
Crazy man ! Get them off the road first.

The new taskforce's objective is to get hoons off our streets. If a hoon is in a rust bucket then they'll get it, if the driver of the rust bucket is doing nothing wrong then it's not up to the new taskforce to get it off the road, it becomes the duty of a regular police officer.

I get that smoky rust buckets can be dangerous, but IMO hoons are far more dangerous and will do more damage, so the priority here is hoons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 9:31 am

tongue disagree here, yes hoons are dangerous, but the majority of them tend to do this sort of stuff(burnouts, drags etc) away from the public eye eg: in industrial areas etc with a minority choosing to use main Rds with dire consequences.... how ever these death traps are just as dangerous, As if I am coming thru an intersection and some clown driving a rust bucket with bald tyres, metal on metal brakes etc, can't stop as it's wet and his brakes have finally failed on his bald tyres...then it's me and my family who could possibly get cleaned up......they are just as bad as hoon drivers and I tar them with the same brush, as cutting your rear springs with an angle grinder and throwin them back in makes it completely unsafe....at least my mods are done professionally and with safety in mind.
Back to top Go down
HRDNUP

avatar

Number of posts : 121
Age : 24
Location : South Australia
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:11 am

AndyCapped wrote:
wildvt wrote:
CAR: All of this dosent bother me, if the car is illegal then so be it , if its not then there shouldn't be an issue. If they didn't just pull over the easy targets (modified cars) then i would support them, how many times have you seen a car that shouldn't be on the road? SAPOL should put a bit more effort in finding cars that are dangerous not just illegal for tints mags and exhaust, items that do not make the car unsafe in general. (like a car with no lights or suspension)

DRIVERS: Do the wrong thing then cop it, Ive done stupid things and have paid for it, as i should do. The police are taking the cars because its the only way to stop these people how elese do you do it?

SAPOL will not take you car unless the driver has broken the law stop stressing!

this where you are wrong...the WRX that was pulled over friday night was doing absolutely nothing wrong and had mags, exhaust and tint.....they went over his car with a fine tooth comb....so they ARE targetting people doing nothing wrong......but because he drove A: a modified vehicle and B: because WRX's were involved in at least 2 fatalities in the past few months.....the recoil over the morons at lower light, and the drag racers in skylines and Rex's

They have the right to pull him over to do random checks, but this is where your wrong because they didn't take his car away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eatmine.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:58 am

we will agree to disagree then..lol, I however am with you 100% that they need to get some of these shitboxes off the road,I live very close to Kilburn, and some of the cars I see on a regular basis, one, a VN wagon has a glad rubbish bag wrapped rear and 2 side windows, and has been driving around like that for over a month !!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 12:14 pm

Saw a little white festiva with smoke bellowing out the rear also see a tonne of magnas & old pajero's with the same problem
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
avatar

Number of posts : 875
Age : 47
Location : Adelaide
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   Mon 13 Jul 2009, 4:16 pm

I am organising a meeting with the officer in charge of this taskforce. Now what I need from you guys is some serious suggestions for questions, comments or feedback that I should be discussing with him.

So any ideas post them in here


cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun   

Back to top Go down
 
Operation Taskforce Diagonal has begun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Brake Light operation
» operation stack
» Clutch operation
» Bishan Golf Lessons
» JPC Racing FYI

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
coccsa :: GENERAL :: General Discussion-
Jump to: