coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

INNAV8 - my spot for updates

Go down 
+16
VNSSLOVERS
DarkStar
RVT-666
Auzzie
godfather
dave64
HRDNUP
devil3
DBFIX8
AC/DC1
JUSTA8
Guilty1
vsv8wagon
DANNY8
JBVL
Pazz
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
DarkStar

DarkStar

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-10-31

INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

Now THAT....Looks bloody awesome!!!!! Nicely done Pazz, can't wait to see it in the flesh! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1650784809
ned

ned

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 8:27 am

sorry but ya dash looks ugly,nice on the rest
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

Should keep the stock cluster and just put the gauges in some cups somewhere. Why weren't the stock gauges working properly?

Wat's the go regarding the laws with the bug catcher protruding thru the bonnet? I thought that would be a defect?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com
DarkStar

DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm

DANNY8 wrote:
Should keep the stock cluster and just put the gauges in some cups somewhere. Why weren't the stock gauges working properly?

Wat's the go regarding the laws with the bug catcher protruding thru the bonnet? I thought that would be a defect?

I don't see INNAV8 with any defect stickers on it so Pazz must have done something to survive the Sunday Slaughter Razz
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

Tried 3 different dash clusters and everyone had different issues, tried resoldering the tracks but that only lasted for a while.

The bugcatcher was installed to better than what regency require but at the end of the day I think I just got lucky on Sunday
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

ned wrote:

fantastic second post for a forum Ned
Back to top Go down
DarkStar

DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

Pazz wrote:
ned wrote:

fantastic second post for a forum Ned

LOL
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

Pazz wrote:
Tried 3 different dash clusters and everyone had different issues, tried resoldering the tracks but that only lasted for a while.

The bugcatcher was installed to better than what regency require but at the end of the day I think I just got lucky on Sunday

lol u must be pretty unlucky. I think all of my clusters have worked....with the exception of the occasional speedo jumping around, which I don't think is caused by the cluster anyway.

Have u put bracing around the hole or anything? One of my defects on RIP202 is for the hole in the bonnet coz the cleaner pokes thru, it got put down on the defect as structural. From wat I gather, if we put bracing around the hole it should be ok?? Is that right?

As for Sunday, I don't think the problem with the cops is as bad as everyone says. And for those that did get defected, they can't whinge, if it's defectable it's defectable. Cops aren't gonna turn a blind eye just coz it was a charity cruise. Some cops do tho. Altho if they defect a car for being to low when it really isn't, I can understand people getting shitty. I'm stoked coz I was expecting to come home with a defect and didn't. We even got pulled up b4 we got to Etsa park and they let us go, even with the car pretty much on the bump stops and no exhaust out the back.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar

DarkStar

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 4:43 am

DANNY8 wrote:
As for Sunday, I don't think the problem with the cops is as bad as everyone says. And for those that did get defected, they can't whinge, if it's defectable it's defectable. Cops aren't gonna turn a blind eye just coz it was a charity cruise. Some cops do tho. Altho if they defect a car for being to low when it really isn't, I can understand people getting shitty. I'm stoked coz I was expecting to come home with a defect and didn't. We even got pulled up b4 we got to Etsa park and they let us go, even with the car pretty much on the bump stops and no exhaust out the back.

They probably thought "Oh dear, not that sad bloke who nearly blew himself up again...let's let him go fellas, we'll have a laugh."

Razz
Back to top Go down
ZombieVN

ZombieVN

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 6:07 am

Lookin' good!

Re: the dash- I reckon the speedo would look better in the centre but the night shot looks nice as-is!
Back to top Go down
RBE 747
Club Member
RBE 747

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 8:26 am

Y dnt u try wire up a vr / vs cluster see if that works or a calais one look cool n different with ghe triple screens lol might have trouble fitting it but give it a go Wink
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 8:32 am

DANNY8 wrote:
Pazz wrote:

lol u must be pretty unlucky. I think all of my clusters have worked....with the exception of the occasional speedo jumping around, which I don't think is caused by the cluster anyway.

Have u put bracing around the hole or anything? One of my defects on RIP202 is for the hole in the bonnet coz the cleaner pokes thru, it got put down on the defect as structural. From wat I gather, if we put bracing around the hole it should be ok?? Is that right?

Yeh had to brace around the hole and make sure it sat below the height limit.

Only problem we had with Sunday was the targeting of cars on the cruise only. If your car has defects it should be defected, but the police ignored all the other cars unless they were on the cruise. Plenty of people have come forward to say they went past the defect stations but the police waved them on because a car behind them had a cruise sticker on. Few locals from Gumeracha have said that they went through with very low cars but they were ignored.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 9:42 am

RBE 747 wrote:
Y dnt u try wire up a vr / vs cluster see if that works or a calais one look cool n different with ghe triple screens lol might have trouble fitting it but give it a go Wink

VR/VS cluster would be a PITA to get working (but possible). Tacho would be easy. But speedo isn't cable, it's electric so you'd need a speed sensor in the trans. In VR's the speed sensor goes to the ECU, changes the signal and sends it to the speedo, so you'd need someway of doing that as well. Fuel gauge will work but won't be spot on. I'm using a VR pump in my VK and the fuel gauge shows 1/4 tank when it's actually empty.....found that out the hard way haha. Temp gauge should be ok. Oil pressure gauge won't work unless u hook up another sender. And those triple screens I have no idea about but makes me cringe just thinkin how they could work in an older Commodore.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

Can u post up a pic of ur bracing? Wouldn't mind seeing how ya done it. How much "object" can u legally have sitting out of the bonnet?
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

will get some pics for ya tomorrow
You need a circle 165mm in diameter, as you roll it up the bonnet the centerline of the circle must stay above any protrusion. I used a 135mm circle and it is just under that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INNAV8 - my spot for updates   INNAV8 - my spot for updates - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INNAV8 - my spot for updates
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7