coccsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
events in the planning include several cars shows, cruises (both ours and other clubs and organising groups) and also a Paintball Day down at monarto. The Next COCC cruise will be on the 1st of September, Please look for it in the Club Cruise section
The 2013 events calendar has been updated with a few new events, please have a look and let the committee know if you are interested

Trev's VH V8 Project

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 1:28 pm

excellent work in such a short time, well done

cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 1:56 pm

Cheers Pazz im going hard at it next will be motor, k frame, trans, diff removal and complete stripping of the red vh then it will be off to the scrap yard and in between that ill remove the injection wiring loom out of the vk and put the manifold exhaust carby off the gold vh onto the vk and throw 3 months rego on it then see what i can get for it ill probably be looking for about $1800 for it
Back to top Go down
Pazz
Club Member
Pazz

Number of posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 2:16 pm

Well any dash cluster or speedo bits you end up with let me know Trev

cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
https://coccsa.forumotion.net/your-ride-f3/innav8-my-spot-for-upd

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 3:31 pm

I do have the 6cyl one i got from u pull it that you can have for $20 comes complete but decided to go with the v8 gear so if your interested let me know cheers
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

Number of posts : 368

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 10:28 pm

ENVSV6 wrote:
Cheers Pazz im going hard at it next will be motor, k frame, trans, diff removal and complete stripping of the red vh then it will be off to the scrap yard and in between that ill remove the injection wiring loom out of the vk and put the manifold exhaust carby off the gold vh onto the vk and throw 3 months rego on it then see what i can get for it ill probably be looking for about $1800 for it

Not trying to sound nasty, but $1800 for a 6 cylinder VK seems a bit steep. It could just be me tho, if I'm looking for a car I make sure I find a bargain otherwise I don't buy it lol. I picked my wagon up for $300 and it was in similar condition to ur VK, and Brad's old green VK was immac inside and out, and we picked that up for $1200. It did have a twist somewhere in the chassis tho (not noticeable at all) and it pulled to the left lol.

But I suppose if ya clean up the engine bay and get rid of all the crud and go over all the hoses and pipes with cleaner (Kitten interiour cleaner is good for that), and the interior comes up as good as the one in the VH, then ya may just get $1800 for it.

Goodluck with the sale tho, the more u get, the more u can put into ur VH. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.kerrbrosracing.com

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 3:21 am

No offence taken Danny but i believe your $300 wagon just made it home there will be nothing wrong with the running gear in this one

The 3 months rego will be convienient

And you said that the $1200 vk you bought was full of rust the vk i have is completely rust free and the interior is just like the vh imaculate and i didnt say that $1800 will be a firm price but im going to try and get that no harm in trying so to speak im not in any hurry to get rid of it. Its a bloody nice car if i was into vk's i would definetly keep it but I want a vh their better haha
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 7:39 am

ENVSV6 wrote:
No offence taken Danny but i believe your $300 wagon just made it home there will be nothing wrong with the running gear in this one

The 3 months rego will be convienient

And you said that the $1200 vk you bought was full of rust the vk i have is completely rust free and the interior is just like the vh imaculate and i didnt say that $1800 will be a firm price but im going to try and get that no harm in trying so to speak im not in any hurry to get rid of it. Its a bloody nice car if i was into vk's i would definetly keep it but I want a vh their better haha

Ur right about the wagon, but after an oil and filter change the oil pressure was good again. The VK full of rust was the blue one which had the RB30. The one for $1200 didn't have any...not even the cowl panels had any rust (around the base of the front and back windows), and that's one spot 99% of VB-VK Commodores rust. It was so well looked after that most of the rubber seals have made it into my wagon. Those strips on the outside which go against the window as it goes up and down (and have the chrome moulding on them) were still flexible and had no signs of cracks and weren't even perished. The bailey's channel in all doors were perfect, again were flexible and looked new.

Even with a twisted chassis, it was the best looked after VK I've ever seen.
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Peakn6_04

Then when we got sick of it pulling to the left, we stripped it and got another shell. Twisted Evil
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Peakn6_1_stripped
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 10:47 am

Well id say my vk would be worth more than that one now lol
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 3:34 pm

lol yep for sure. We took it to the scrap man and got $40 for it, and that was with a 253 block in the boot....and when steel prices were a lot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 7:44 pm

Hey Danny can you order that front apron for me. Ill organise a trip up there cheers
Back to top Go down
JBVL
Club Member
JBVL

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 7:16 am

Hi Trev awesome job mate and also how did you get the carpet up so clean lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 9:33 am

Thanks mate

i just took the carpet out and hit it with the garden hose lol then when it dried i just vacuumed up the loose dirt cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 1:26 pm

Ok ive put rocker gear and cover on the VK things that i still have to do to it

remove motor loom and computer and replace with carby loom
get a starter motor
remove extractors and exhaust & replace with stock exhaust
clean & detail engine bay
clean & detail interior
replace water pump
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 6:52 pm

Ya know ya don't need to remove the EFI wiring harness to use a carby. The carby only needs 4-5 wires to run. Power to the starter (big chunky), a wire from the ignition to the starter (solenoid), a wire from the ignition to the + coil (normally a 2nd one from the ignition to the coil but instead u can run a wire from the ignition, and tap it into the first wire going to the coil), obviously a chunky earth for the motor, and lastly chuck the dizzy in, and wire it up to the + and - on the coil.....and that's it. The only other wires for the motor u might need are wires to gauge senders

But I suppose ya may as well pull the EFI loom out. If ur not gonna use it ya might be able to get 50 bux for it if it's in half decent condition.

When were ya gonna come down to Pirie? I'll give Pauly a ring about that apron 2day if I don't forget lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 2:23 am

Thanks for that Danny but yea i was hoping to sell the loom and computer for a bit more spending cash on the vh you never know it could pay for the apron lol

about the apron i can get up there any day just let me know when its ready to be picked up cheers
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:55 am

So just to make sure, it's the VH apron u want hey? Not a VB or VK one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 6:56 am

Yep Danny, he wants the VH apron.

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 8:38 am

Yes vh apron is what i need but i found out today that i may need a complete radiator support unless anyone knows of any mobile panel beaters as you can see i need the sections that go around the headlights

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3139

This one still needs to be grinded and some slight panel beating just near the battery holder that will be removed eventually

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3140

Mudguards just sitting on there to see how it will look

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3137
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3138

And heres the very small update on the vk that i did yesterday

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3141
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3142

Before i can strip the parts car i need to get it into position which is where the vk is sitting which is behind the gold vh lol so i need to do some moving around anyone interested in any of the left over interior parts? ie seats carpet dashboard minus the cluster i think thats all that will be left as i need most other things off of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 12:47 pm

throw it up on HCC also trev, am sure someone will take it off ya hands bud.
Back to top Go down
DANNY8
Club Member
DANNY8

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 4:18 pm

So the apron is still a go ahead? Tried ringing him today but had no answer....he might of been working at the smelters or sumfin.

I'd just chop the parts missing out of another front end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 10:07 am

Yes those are my thoughts im thinking of using the front end off the parts car but i still need that apron cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 9:52 am

Well the VH V8 has finally been positioned now its ready for dissmantaling

Will be selling the blue 202 engine out of the gold vh aswell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:09 am

Well im currently working on 3 cars at once lol

Slowly dismanteling the vh parts car

Trying to get the vk back together managed to get a starter for it

And the gold vh i am putting the engine back together in that to see what the condition of it is like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 9:41 am

Ok heres the latest

The VH is almost ready to be lifted up over the V8 and trans

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3166
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3167
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3174

And I got the blue 202 fired up in the gold VH $150 if someone wants to come remove it or $200 if I remove it

Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3168
Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 100_3169
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 10:04 am

gees m8 ya really hard`at it yer,look likes all coming on well,oh for the v8 mmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trev's VH V8 Project   Trev's VH V8 Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trev's VH V8 Project
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next